Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Jacksons schools get there high marks from sending all there below average students on LD classes that don't count, it's to bad that they won't spend the time needed to teach children that needs a little help with out putting them in LD classes

I wonder on what the May and June 2014 reviewers based their reviews. It wouldn't be wise to judge a school on opinions with no facts to back them up. How involved were the parents with the school? Did they passively sit back and expect the school to do all the effort of education?

I would never send my child to this school. EVER. They are horrible. Jackson High School is not a quality Education school

This school is part of the elitist community of Jackson Twp. If you have money, your child will fair very well. You will be catered and kowtowed. Teachers, activities and resources are the best there is to offer for the wealthy who expect the best out of the public schools they enroll their children in. I would love to see the same opportunities afforded to the much deserved underprivileged high achievers who work just as hard (if not more) than those who have opportunities handed to them in a nice purple & gold basket. Children from lower class/income fall through the cracks of the social cliques and have no chance at lead roles here. These are reserved for the children of the elite. It can certainly be noted that a privileged child who has mediocre academic prowess will be afforded help and resources to succeed because they are from a privileged background. Credit can be given to teachers who will at least do all to prevent a lower class student from embarrassing the district with subpar testing scores. But they will certainly not be singled out and built up by mere basic merit. Bottom line: Excellent school for the rich. If you know how to play the game, your child will succeed.

I would never send any of my children to this school ! I am still old school I have my children work for what they want ! Not here I was told I should not let my son work he will have time to work after collage! Sorry if my boys want a cell phone and a car they better be working to pay some bills! And this school Better say out of my business! I drove my child over 40 mins. To another school he was top of this class, and he got a couple full ride offers to collage.

My kid attends one of the vocational programs here at Jackson. We are so pleased with the program and the teacher. He really works hard to teach these kids a skill they can use upon graduation and for the rest of their lives. Up until this year, my kid has struggled at his/her other school. It used to be a constant battle getting him/her out of bed to go to school. Because of the vocational program at Jackson, he/she gets up in the morning and is excited about going to class and is eager to learn about a subject he/she is passionate about! Thank you so much for the vocational programs! And a very special thank you to the teacher of this program for making a difference in my kid's life!

I'm currently a senior at Jackson High School and I have to say it would have to be one to the best schools in the area. They put so much towards education, the teachers are by far the hardest working teachers I've ever had. They're very dedicated to their job. They offer a huge variety of AP courses for students that perform above average and believe it or not, most student at Jackson are far above average. Jackson also has a very successful arts program, JSA. Going to Jackson was probably the best high school experience I could have ever had.

Re: "While the teachers are enjoying their huge salaries..." posted February 4, 2009. Really? You think teachers make huge salaries? AND presumably that they don't deserve them, right? Here's an idea for you: why don't you become a teacher! Then, you'll be able to kick back, relax, and enjoy the "good life" without having to do hardly any work at all, and, you should have no problem paying for the "hidden fees" to this "public" school that is costing you "almost as much as a private" school! Good luck with that. Jackson High School offers students a variety of learning opportunities that aren't available at other schools (at any price). For a "leg up" for college in a specialized area, consider researching what Jackson High can offer you. Also -- ask about fees associated with special classes/ opportunities. Then they won't be "hidden."

I received an excellent education at Jackson. In college, I am way ahead of everyone else. This school offered me so many great opportunities.

I am a senior at Jackson and feel incredibly fortunate that I was able to attend this school for high school. The opportunities available with available technology and wealth of skilled educators makes me feel confident as it gets closer to graduation. I feel completely that the staff have done everything they can to ensure my success in high school and as I head off to college come fall.

Last modified Jackson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.