Posted October 02, 2009
MHS is a great school and if you think you will get lost well you wont... when i was a freshman i never got lost or knew anybody who did. Yea the school is big but very easy to get around. the staff is great but do they really need 5 principals i mean come on... well anyways MHS is great

Posted August 16, 2009
My son graduted from Medina H.S. He is also a graduate of the University of Akron. His high school experience prepared him well for college and beyond.

Posted June 03, 2009
I have enjoyed my 1 1/2 years at Medina. The school is huge, but broken up so that you don't really feel the size except for assemblies. The teachers are some of the best, and the administration has cleaned up its act after an incompetent, but nice, principal. This school has a lot to offer, and I wish I had had time to experience it all. The diversity is low, but expanding and there have been very few problems. It seems as though you have to pay for every activity but it is worth it because of the excellent sports, music, and performance departments. My only gripe is that I came from a school with a seven point scale to Medina's 10 point scale. This would seem as an advantage but I felt slightly less challenged. And Everyone takes AP classes. I felt inferior despite my excellent grades. But Medina's Great!

Posted March 18, 2009
Being a senior at Medina High School has given me nearly four years to look back upon. Looking back now, I believe I would not be heading in the direction I am today without having attended MHS. The school has to be one of the better ones in the state. Not only does it offer its students top-notch programs, its home to many champion sports teams, award winning musical groups, and top-notch arts and drama programs. The opportunities available for MHS students is simply astounding. The administration, too, is working harder and harder to get their footing in the ground while the staff here at MHS are continue to strive for the excellence they always have. While the school is rather large, there are ones that are bigger. Yet Medina students still get to where they need to be. What an excellent school!

Posted January 21, 2009
Medina High School was a great school to go to. The extracurricular activities are numerous and they have a truly amazing arts program with award winning bands, choirs, and orchestras. The teachers are amazing and are always willing to help if you only ask. After moving to another school in the middle of my junior year, I was ahead in all my classes by weeks. The school that I moved to was still working on things during my senior year that I finished my sophmore year at Medina. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a great education and experience. If someone says that you can get lost in the crowd because it is so big, then they probably just didn't try.

Posted January 05, 2009
I graduated from Medina High School within the last two years and am now attending a private college in the Cleveland area. I am proud to have come from Medina High School and can truly say that the teaching staff and academic curriculum gave me a very large advantage over other students in college. The honors program, particularly the AP program, is top-notch. I have yet to find another high school that offers more classes than MHS. While the high school administration, as of my knowledge today, is still a bit mediocre, it is the teachers that create a world-class learning environment. In addition, there are numerous extracurricular activities. MHS is well-known in the state for having extremely well-developed, technologically-advanced buildings (my university comes nowhere close to matching the technological and architectural prestige of MHS). While MHS is quite large, I never found this to be problematic. Go bees!

Posted September 20, 2008

Posted July 10, 2008
Ignore the 'parent' rating. These parents are rating it low because of the high taxes in Medina. But, the taxes go towards the high school where it is a state of the art building. The prinicpals aren't amazing,but they aren't bad either. Teacher quality is amazing at MHS, extracurricular activities are all top ratings in the state because of thier excellent rating band, orchestra and choir. Last year the orchestra was invited by the Russians to attend and perform at the international music festival in St. Petersburg, Russia where only a select few orchestras from the US participate in! Stop complaining about how bad MHS is! It is a great place as well as the rest of the district AND city!

Posted July 10, 2008
This high school has amazing things to offer your children. They have 'grand champion' marching band, 1st class orchestras, award winning choirs, excellent advanced placement programs, great athletics (although the football team does struggle), al around MHS is a great experience for your children. Yes, the high school is very very large, but the students still manage to get from calss to class without difficulty. The administration is working out a new plan to either extend the current high school or to build another one. But regardless, MHS is a 10/10. Get your child involved with the many many extra curricular activities offered here, and meet the teachers as they are willing to bend over backwards to help the students succeed. I am a former student there and I was amazed with my experience. With state of the art fitness center, performance hall and architecutre, I recommend MHS. Go bees!

Medina High School 2

Posted March 26, 2008

Medina High School
777 East Union St, Medina, OH  44256
Last modified Medina High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Medina High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.