Highland Middle School 2

Posted August 27, 2011
I went her in '87 and now my sons go there. I really liked the school for the past years but recently everything has changed it used to be a fun, relaxed school but even since someone in the locker room caught the school on fire. Things have changed they now have 32 cameras everywhere in the school. (They had one pointing towards a restroom and had to move it) it is unbelievably changed my son said study hall "reminds him of jail tv shows" where children get yelled at by staff for talking and they receive detentions. I understand that they shouldnt tallk but i mean come on there are over 130 kids in one mid-size room and they expect it to be silent! its just very hard to understand. Also, the teachers arent very willing to talk about my sons grades or problems in school. I like highland i always will a lot has changed though...a ot

Highland Middle School 4

Posted August 24, 2011
I am a current Highland High student and attended the middle school for two years. My experiences were night and day different from the other stories posted here. The teachers never went out of their way to get students in trouble. I saw 4 detentions given in two years, all were warrented. About the schools condition, it was the former high school. It was built mid 70's, I think ( the new HS is incredible). Because of its age it has some problems but nothing too severe. It is actually in a better state then most nearby middle schools. I played basketball and was able to visit other area schools. I was compelled to write this due to the negative reviews because that is not the way I remember the Middle School.

Highland Middle School 1

Posted March 17, 2011
This school has been great for the most part but in recent months it has gone downhill. First the faculty is very rude and disrespectful to parents and students. The discipline is absolutely terrible partly because of the raceiest ways of the teachers here they truely"have fun" getting students into trouble . Once my son tripped of a chair and his teacher said "hey hey hey lunchtime dention"(Form of disapline).There is also the health problems black oil drips from the ceiling and walls (That collects in bucket), water marks on ceiling and missing tiles.There is also a lot of bullying at this school. This school needs to be flushed clean of all insubordinate and rude teachers. Now im not saying every teacher is like this there are many great teachers at this school.

Highland Middle School 2

Posted March 17, 2011
Teachers are rude to me when i asked to talk to them about my daughters progress. She says some of the teachers are mean for no reason but i am not sure i heard it is not vert clean. I like the after school sports and some of the teachers though.

Posted October 27, 2008

(330) 239-1901

Highland Middle School
3880 Ridge Rd, Medina, OH  44256
(330) 239-1901
Last modified Highland Middle School is a public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.