Fairfax Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2013
The teachers that I have come across have seemed to be there to earn a paycheck. They don't have that love of teaching children. Don't get me wrong, there are several who are outstanding that adore the kids and they love them, too. I, however, have not had the opportunity to see my child enjoy that. We have been there for several years. I still haven't seen the new principal. The after school release is a joke. The kids come out at various times each day and the safety patrol usually goes in before the walkers and bikers are released. Lots of room for improvement. I'm hoping the new principal gets on the ball and starts doing something.

Posted November 05, 2009
Fairfax teachers in the 4th grade and 5th grade are going above and beyond to see that the needs of my son are met and that he has a pleasant learning experience. Coming from another district 2 years ago, I must say that Fairfax is making a difference!!

Fairfax Elementary School 2

Posted October 03, 2009

Fairfax Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2009
Fairfax like all of Mentor is overrated. Though I have a high opinion of the school's principal Dr. Heller often I've found the teachers to be closed minded, judgmental and even ignorant at times. Most instructors have the student's best interests at heart but fall short due to their own personal limitations. Often emphasis is placed on appearance and statistics over value and content. Not to mention the facility is in dire need of some elbow grease and TLC as I've personally observed black mold in the halls and multi-purpose room. Overall Fairfax is a reflection of a mediocre suburban district. It is more concerned with how students test then the quality of their work.

Fairfax Elementary School 2

Posted October 30, 2008

Posted November 11, 2006
I have 4 children in this school. The academics are wonderful. I have yet to run into a teacher that doesn't put in 100% to their students and parents. Being an educator, academically this school ranks at the top....the students are expected to be successful! A school who seeks parental involvement- love it!

Posted September 18, 2006
I have a learning disabled child, and this is a great school. I've had him in two other school, therefore I've had a place to compare Fairfax with and I love the school. My child is learning under their influence.

Posted August 24, 2005
The balance of classroom activities, homework, inter-action with other students in all grade levels, outside activities and contests is perfect at Fairfax. There is no lack of parent volunteers for after school events or parties at school. It is great to see everyone involved. One program my daughter loved while in kindergarten was that the 4th graders 'adopted' a kindergartener and read to them on a regular basis during school. This helped the forth grader with reading and allowed both kids to nurture a friendship that might not otherwise have happened. The teachers at Fairfax take a personal interest in the development of each student both academically and socially, which are very important.

Contact Information

6465 Curtiss Ct
Mentor, OH 44060

Fairfax Elementary School
6465 Curtiss Ct, Mentor, OH  44060
Last modified Fairfax Elementary School is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairfax Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.