9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted September 24, 2015
The teachers are ridiculously lazy and careless and do nothing for the students. They often mess around and waste time more so than teach

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 24, 2015
It all the teachers do because there to lazy to give out test and grade them

Posted May 24, 2014
My wife and I both graduated from Lake back in the 80's and we are sending our child there and she loves the atmosphere as well as the teaching staff. She has plenty of work to keep her busy and does well in the school.

Lake Catholic High School 2

Posted May 28, 2013
My son and niece went to Lake Catholic High School. I agree with the previous poster, the school is average at best. The school is all about sports because athletes skate there. They are not challenged and are not held to the same accountability as other students. The culture is cold and clicky, its about who you know. My niece graduated from Lake with over a 3.0 gpa but couldn't score high enough on her ACT to get into state schools like Kent or BGSU. My son ended up transferring to VASJ after his sophomore year which has a much more challenging curriculum and a much more warm and welcoming environment. I would recommend parents look at VASJ first, followed by NDCL or St Ignatius before considering Lake.

Posted March 09, 2012
My children were well-prepared for college as a result of the classes they took at Lake. My oldest child went on to medical school, and I know his career choice began because of some of the wonderful teachers and personal attention he received at Lake. It is a school that allows an individual to shine, and we are very happy our children graduated from LCHS.

Posted February 25, 2012
After reading some of the more negative reviews, as a current student of Lake, I would like to say that a majority of them aren't true. There are classes that seem like easy A's but that doesn't mean we don't learn from the subject itself. I do have my share of disagreements with Lake but most have to do with the slacking students around me. Their athletics and performing arts department are both phenomenal and make students feel included. So long as your child is willing to apply him or her self to their studies and are able to branch out a little, they will feel welcome. I was an outcast in middle school and at Lake I truly feel like a part of the family environment created there. There are times I stay there as long as I stay at home! It is a great school with a caring faculty and student environment.

Posted February 15, 2011
I am an alumni of LCHS; I think my review holds a lot of credibility. Most of the faculty and staff I had are still there today. I can tell you that when I went to a fine university well prepared and well equipped (I was ahead and smarter!) as a result of attending LCHS. I was strongly influenced by LCHS in maintaining and living my faith throughout my life. Today I am a very successful entrepreneur and devote, proud, active Catholic. Cheers & a bow to LCHS!

Lake Catholic High School 4

Posted November 11, 2010
We decided to send our daughter to Lake over VASJ, NDCL or EHS. I'm so happy with our decision. There are so many extracurricular activities for the kids - and involvement is always encouraged. The Music/Theater Department is outstanding! My daughter also has homework every night and works hard in every class! She has a rigorous curriculum and takes several Honor's classes. As a side note, we went to the Lake/NDCL football game this year and were very disappointed in the way the game was handled! The stands were so small that no one could sit and watch the game. Kids were roaming everywhere and no one was trying to control the crowd at all! Fights were breaking out everywhere! Parents laughed when one of our players got hurt during the game. Some adult even tried to start a fight with my husband at the concession stand!!! On top of that, someone stole my Lake Catholic magnet off my car!!! We left at halftime because it was so horrible. I have NEVER experienced this type of behavior at ANY of the other high school games! Not what you'd expect from a catholic school in a prominent area of northeastern Ohio!

Lake Catholic High School 1

Posted April 09, 2010
totally disappointed about this school...Feel like i have been lied to by administration...regarding tuition, academics, and some athletics...feel like there is no stability/leadership throughought the chain of command...academically it is no different than the public school across the street from me. I will be tranferring my daughter to the public school system...Families interested in NDCL i strongly encourage you to research all High School options and ask many many questions

Posted October 03, 2009
I am currently a student at Lake Catholic and I am 100% positive I made the right choice. The people, classes and academics, extracurriculars, masses and prayer services, peprallies, dances and sports are all absolutely fantastic. Lake Catholic will always have a special place in my heart. Once a Cougar...Always a Cougar!

6733 Reynolds Road, Mentor, OH  44060
Last modified Lake Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12