Posted February 20, 2013
St Mary School is building a great academic foundation for my son and daughter. They are in the 1st grade and kindergarten the teachers have been great. We started in the pre-school program and found a very loving and caring environment to enroll our children in. Parent involvement is required (15 hours a year minimum) and I think that its great to be able to be involved and I enjoyed that time serving at the school and watching my children interact with their peers. It has a strong program and growing student population which can't be said for some of the surrounding parish schools. I see the progress my children are making and how much they enjoy attending the school. If you are thinking of enrolling your children in Catholic education St. Mary School is a great option.

Posted January 30, 2013
St. Mary of the Assumption School is an excellent school. I can tell the difference between my child and the public schooled children in the neighborhood. St. Mary's sets high standards for the children to encourage them to excel. The grading scale is tougher than the public schools but I only see this as a challenge and preparation for future schooling (high school and college). St. Mary's offers specials for high acheievement children who may need to be challenged. All of the staff at St. Mary's are excellent, caring and professional individuals. I have nothing but high praise for the school and staff and am so very happy I made the decision to join the St. Mary Community.

Posted March 09, 2012
St. Mary of the Assumption is an outstanding school. My three children were well-prepared for high school. Our family was pleased with every aspect of education there.

Posted October 14, 2010
I am extremely happy with the quality of education that my child is receiving at this school. I have found the teachers to be excellent, the school to be a wonderful learning environment and my child looks forward to going to school everyday.

St Mary Of The Assumption School 0

Posted September 03, 2008

Posted September 26, 2007
After reading some of the reviews posted by other parents of this school, it saddens me to think that some could see this school in anything other than a positive light. I volunteer at the school weekly and find that the students are highly educated past their friends in the public schools and leave this school highly motivated to succeed. Several new clubs have been formed and keep the students interested and focused on creating a strong base for their future. The teachers are dedicated and many give of themselves to seemingly every event sponsored by the school including coaching sports. The principal is ready to assist at any given time and is frequently seen around the school. The students (my children especially) talk of fun and interesting classes in which they learn from a high-tech computer lab and vastly stocked science lab with all sorts of specimens, rocks, & fossils.

St Mary Of The Assumption School 1

Posted September 20, 2007

St Mary Of The Assumption School 1

Posted September 16, 2007

Posted September 15, 2007

St Mary Of The Assumption School 2

Posted September 14, 2007
I've been very disappointed with the this school. The junior high needs to change dramatically. The end results might be good, but if so, its only because the students are given hours of homework each night and multiple projects that require parent assistance. It makes me wonder what is getting accomplished during the day.

Contact Information

8540 Mentor Avenue
Mentor, OH 44060

St Mary Of The Assumption School
8540 Mentor Avenue, Mentor, OH  44060
Last modified St Mary Of The Assumption School is a private school that serves grades PK-8
St Mary Of The Assumption School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.