PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Have seen it personally. Have seen students set up social media accounts with school emails to make fun of kids and teachers. NO punishment.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

This school does not support any student with any learning differences. This school does not support or encourage any child who has any mental, physical, psychological or any other kind of difference. PERIOD. NONE. They would rather you send your child somewhere else. And DO NOT GO THERE if you have allergies of any kind. They give food to these children with zero care about any allergies.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

From the Priest to the Principal to the ladies in the office it is all about who you know and how much you donate. There is zero focus on the children's grades, and zero focus on bullying, inappropriate words or behavior.

Develops character: Agree

They do teach the students to be polite and respectful, however there is still a lot of bullying that I have personally seen and know of two families that have left because of this. Remember, if your child is not Perfect, do not go to this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most of the teachers in the lower level classes try very hard, but again, as soon as you surpass 3rd or 4th grade it becomes simply how fast can we move these kids to the next grade, how much money can we collect from the parents, and how can we put on great concerts.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

They do not have any policy for homework. If it is completed or not completed, if it is accurate or not accurate. The grading is simply was it completed or not.

My child graduated last year and I am disgusted and disappointed with The Academy. Pre-K to 3rd grade it is a great school, from then on it turns into who has the most money, who is the most popular, who's parents do the most volunteering, who's parents coach, etc. Let me start off by saying I make well into 6 figures a year, however I work a lot of hours and I am a single parent, so volunteering was difficult. Instead of volunteering, I paid an extra month's tuition every year for 8 years, which amounted to about 3200.00. On top of this, I had to donate to the church - not via envelopes - what I could or wanted to, but a minimum and they auto withdrew it from my checking account monthly. If I did not do that then I was not considered a parishioner and the tuition would go up. I wish I knew how this fits into a Catholic philosophy that the Lord understands and accepts all. NEXT.. aside from the money and the time.. the academic curriculum is an absolute SHAM. Any time my child would not understand something or get a bad grade, there was no help to be found. I had to call multiple meetings with the teachers and the principal. I begged them that if the homework was not turned in could they give a detention, because obviously my punishment at home was not working, they said no. They don't do punishments for school work, just for bad behavior and my child was a "pleasure to have in class". Is there a tutor available? NO. Could my child have a learning disability? NO. Again, a pleasure to have in class. After 3 years of struggling, I finally had my child seen by a doctor who then sent forms to his teachers and principal to fill out as to class work and attention span, etc. EVERY SINGLE ONE THAT CAME BACK WAS THE SAME>>>>> They all knew there was a problem, but did nothing about it. Now that we found the issue and are fixing it he is a straight A student at an amazing Catholic High School with NO thanks at all to The Academy. I will say they do have great shows, plays, and concerts and spend many class times rehearsing for these, many of times I had asked if my child could stay in class and do work or get help, but the answer was an absolute NO - it was way more important to put on a show than to teach a child. I pray that this review saves at least one, if not many children from the disgraceful Academy of St. Bartholomew.

I graduated last year so your getting a first hand on experience. This school is terrible. 3rd grade and up u get treated the same way and teachers don't do anything to help. Sports are all revolved around the kids of the coaches. If your an A student your praised if you get C's or lower you are basically disregarded and they could give two about you. I promise you there is better schools out there. Oh and the principle is absolutely terrible at running a school. The church is very nice though but other than that don't even try

I attended Saint Bart's in the 1960s and had great teachers and a warm community experience. Proud to see how it has grown into a prestigious learning facility with excellent teachers in a gogrous setting

This is my children's (kindergarten and 3rd grade) first year at St. Bart's and we are very happy with the education they are receiving. The classes are small, <15 students /teacher, so I feel the teachers are giving my children plenty of attention. The technology offered is outstanding. They are challenged to excel. My oldest child participates in sports and choir...but there are lots of other extracurricular activities offered, even for my youngest child.

Last modified Academy Of St Bartholomew is a Private school that serves grades PK-8