PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I attended Saint Bart's in the 1960s and had great teachers and a warm community experience. Proud to see how it has grown into a prestigious learning facility with excellent teachers in a gogrous setting

This is my children's (kindergarten and 3rd grade) first year at St. Bart's and we are very happy with the education they are receiving. The classes are small, <15 students /teacher, so I feel the teachers are giving my children plenty of attention. The technology offered is outstanding. They are challenged to excel. My oldest child participates in sports and choir...but there are lots of other extracurricular activities offered, even for my youngest child.

Dissapointed and disgusted by this school. I graduated some years ago and witnessed firsthand all of the problems of the school. First off I understand some of the already posted comments that are positive as the school did not effect my until about third grade. It is decent for younger students, however once you star switching classes there is definatly a turn of events. You will recieve NO EXTRA HELP from teahcers, and frankly they say they are preparing you for high school, but they are under an illusion of what high school certainly is not. There are few teachers that aren't flat out rude and biased. There is no freedom whatsoever and 8th graders are treated exactly like 3rd graders (I'm not making this up). If a student has an issue with another student the teacher posseses no ability to deal with the issue. The teachers are very biased, some even to the point where they are sexist. I had many problems adjusting to high school following my graduation from this school, and you can ask a majority of my former peirs their views on this school and I could bet they would be very vocal about it. -A concerned graduated student

Disappointed with the church and school. I agree with the other post regarding limited additional tudoring given to those students who require it and hardly any programs or extracurricular activities to help the children grow. I feel sorry for the teachers that need to deal with the children with learning disabilities having little assistance from tthe learning center. I never received any progress reports as to how my child was progressing at the learning center. My child was even pulled from the learning center without my knowledge. When I questioned it they were going to see if they had room to fit him back in..really? Also, Parents are not very frienly and the parish is cold. Two priests just left and there are so many teachers and student leaving every year. The school and church needs new leadership in order for them to survive. I will be looking for a new school for my child.

GREAT SCHOOL filled with caring teachers and excellent technology. Classrooms are not overly populated - good student/teacher ratio. I am not worried about the safety of my child and couldn't be happier with the academics. Easy to be involved... they encourage it!

We have 2 children at St. Bart's and couldn't be happier. The principal is extremely dedicated and caring. The teachers and staff are amazing and really show that they care. The parent involvement is high, and there are many opportunities to get involved. The technology and learning materials available to the students is top notch. The number of student clubs and organizations is impressive, and it grows every year. We have definitely found a wonderful school that our children truly love to attend!

This school has went downhill in the past several years. Hardly any programs, sports, or extracurricular activities are offered. Lacks communication on every aspect. Whether your child is advanced or struggles, good luck getting any extra help. High rate of student and teacher turnover. For being a "Christian School" it is filled with many unfriendly parents and students. Very disappointing

This is our second year at St.Barts and we could not be happier with a school. The principal, teachers,and all staff genuinely care about the children. I am also pleased with the warm reception we encountered from the parents.Our son truly loves his school, and I spread the word continuously on what a GREAT school St Bart's is !!!

We've been extremely happy with St Barts. Our children love the school as well as their teachers. The quality of education is top notch. One of my children was having some learning issues and was in danger of falling way behind. The school pulled out all the stops using all their available resources to help him. I have never encountered a rude parent, or an uncaring teacher. We've come from another local catholic school and the difference is night and day. This school welcomes, in fact, encourages ideas from the parents on how to improve and make the school better. I feel like i have a voice here.

this school went down hill in 2007. nothing but problems after my kids went to 7th grade. Principal that took over in 2006 has no people skills and takes days to talk to her. all they do is over spend on dumb things tat the school doesn't need. there is also a lick of teachers. if your not in the click, your out of there. so much teacher turnover.

Last modified Academy Of St Bartholomew is a Private school that serves grades PK-8