Morrow, OH

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 08, 2015
I do know both my son's teachers were always attentive to my sons concerns. My son has difficulty socializing due to our many moves (military family). The counselor even went so far as to ask for a list of his close friends so they can ensure his 6th grade class will have them in it. He was repeatedly rewarded for handling conflict properly and negative student interactions were quickly resolved as needed.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Little Miami Junior High School 5

Posted July 08, 2015
We are a military family so we have experienced the good, bad, and ugly of what schools can offer. My son is in 6th grade now and since pre-K has attended 8 schools in total. One of which was home schooling. My son had two teachers at this school in the fifth grade, and both are wonderful. They were quick to respond to my concerns, and always had a sympathetic ear. They were wonderful with my son, and he loved them both. My son had a few learning concerns, some topics needed reinforcement and some topics he needed more of a challenge. In this year’s program they reinforced responsibility by having each child responsible for their assignments and turning work in with the use of a large binder. The school has grades reported online usually within 24 hrs and the teachers have their own webpage for updates on class. The online grade's allowed me peace of mind that he was actually taking this responsibility seriously and submitting all work on time. Even on an occasion where my son forgot to turn in his work, his teacher was very kind and let him submit it late. He did subtract points for lateness which was not only expected but reinforced my son's understanding of the need for submitting work on time. They both took the time to work with my son as an individual to improve his education and not as just another number in a class.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 08, 2015
My son's previous school in NH would give them a 10 pg packet on Mon morning that was due Friday. It was a nightmare and destroyed any free time available for most after school activities, which are primarily during weekday nights. This school is fantastic!! He would be sent home with one maybe two assignments a week that he could easily complete in one afternoon. He had a test every Friday so we always knew when to study and when to review. Plus he only had two big multi-week assignments during the year. They were a lot of work but he had many weeks to complete them leaving plenty of free time for other activities.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted July 08, 2015
Of this I'm unsure how to answer. My son has only been in attendance for 5th grade and I do feel this type of reinforcement takes more time to fairly evaluate. I do know this school has a great track record for inspiring challenge and not just accepting bare minimums. The school has advised my son be tested for gifted courses, of which none of his 6 previous schools even considered. So I would have to agree they are inspiring him to work harder and reach farther.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 08, 2015
Absolutely, we have worked with many teachers in the past. I can honestly say there are a few out there that only speak at children and never listen to them. Both my son's teachers always treated him with respect and an open ear, even when he has a tendency to ramble on. In turn he obviously respected them and their teaching. So much so he corrected me on a few things in their name. Of which I quickly looked up and confirmed they were of course correct.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 08, 2015
My son had two teachers in the fifth grade. Both were wonderful. They were quick to respond my concerns, always had a sympathetic ear. They were wonderful with my son, and he loved them both. My son had a few learning concerns, some topics needed reinforcement and some topics he needed more of a challenge. They both took the time to work with my son as an individual to improve his education and not as just another number in a class.

Little Miami Junior High School 1

Posted July 09, 2014
I once had 5 children in the school district. This coming up year I will only have 1. All my other children chose to be home school instead. My son is on a IEP and suppose to have an aide at all times. Then how did the school lose my son on 3 occasions in one year. My son has been bullied and nothing was ever done with it. My daughter says "someting" instead of something. When I confronted the speech therapist she told me that she will out grow it. Once her peers point it out to her. So in other words the teach is promoting children making fun of my daughter. Great job speech therapist. Another prime example on how great (sarcasm) Little Miami is. My son is reading at a 2nd grade level. I confronted his speech therapist and she said that she is currently working on social stories instead. My son knows what is acceptable and unacceptable. He needs to learn how to read. I hope and pray that my son will choose home school next year because honestly Little Miami school district in whole is a complete joke.

Little Miami Junior High School 4

Posted January 19, 2006
I have been happy with this school. Great communication between parent /teachers. There is always a teacher available afterschool for makeup work or help if a child needs it!

Posted July 04, 2005
As a parent I think Little Miami is not a very good school because my daughter was going there last year and she constantly got teased. She tells the teachers but they don't do anything, they say to stop tattle tailing or tells the people to stop. My daughter would came home crying every day because of kids don't get disciplined right. One day she came home and told me that these girls told her that she looked like a pregnant teenager. I think Little Miami could improve if the kids were not so cruel to each other. My daughter wanted to move out of the district because of that teasing reason and she is. People say words don't hurt but they do they hurt you mentally.

5290 Morrowcozaddale Rd, Morrow, OH  45152
Last modified Little Miami Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 5-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Little Miami Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top