New Albany, OH
Students enrolled: 1,542

Posted May 21, 2014
I hear so much about safety concerns in schools around the nation, and I am so glad that my children go to New Albany Schools. The campus feel and the safety of the buidlings makes me feel secure. This is a great learning enviornment. I highly recommend this school. If you have the opportunity to send your children here you should.

Posted April 28, 2014
I can't believe how much better my children did on their tests since moving to this school. We moved from Maine and I was very concerned. Happy to see they are thriving.

Posted September 26, 2012
We also just moved here from CA Bay Area a couple months before end of 2011/2012 school year ( a very diverse population.) The hugely abundant New Albany staff (compared to CA schools) is very welcoming and accommodating. Gifted program seems very comprehensive, and staff spent lots of time testing and retesting my daughter, struggling a bit with the move. They also were very accommodating to my son struggling with the move. Both my kids are very very happy and successful this new school year, and a lot is due to the staff's attention and care. As far as diversity ( or lack of) I feel it is simply a product of this Midwest environment and it's low diversity population. I don't think it's fair to judge a lack of diversity in this context. I will say that the district sure asks for a lot of money! maybe the cost of a good public education in this economy.

Posted January 10, 2012
Our family relocated here 2 years ago & it is, by far, the best public school my sons have attended. The staff is amazing & they are well equipped to handle gifted students. My oldest loves going there & participates in their unique IMPACT & Ymca clubs. I feel fortunate every day to send my kids there.

Posted April 14, 2011
My son has attended New Albany for the past 3 years and we are extremely sstisfied. There is not as much diversity within the administration but there is huge diversity in the classrooms. The teachers have always communicated with us and at times have gone above and beyond to help in areas where our son was lacking. They have programs for kids that are excelling and for kids that are struggling. We would recommend this school to friends and family. Great teachers, great students, great community!

Posted September 07, 2009
We had the same experience with our daughter, but unlike there situation they were very understanding sat down at great lengths and talked to us whenever we felt it was neccesary. They even went above and beyond and called us on there off day. They only wants what is best for their kids you could tell they wer extremly concerned for our daughter. I never had to wait for any returned phone calls they called back with in minutes and even had us page them thru the secretary. My 2 other children also attend and we have nothing but great things to say about the schools. Even my 4th grade boy who hates school says it is OK which is huge for him.

New Albany Elementary School 4-5 1

Posted August 27, 2009
We tried to get our child in early enrollment, 1st Grade. After going through a battery of tests, we were told that he was gifted but they would not grant us early enrollment. The process that they put us through excruciatingly painful. The school is highly unresponsive, we had to make atleast 10 phone calls. Since New Albany public schools don't have enough enrollment and have a budget surplus, they refused early enrollment for our child once they knew we were not admitting him this year. If not for the Montessori requesting a certificate from the public school, we would not have bothered to contact the public school. BTW, I am a resident of New Albany and would not want my child in a school system that doesn't pay attention to the child and want to meet their own selfish need.

New Albany Elementary School 4-5

Posted July 16, 2008
Parents are required to pay for membership into the PTO. I do not understand, though I am an educator myself, why parents are required to pay fees to be a member of the PTO. This is the only school I know of that requires parents to pay membership fees. Moreover, I would like to see some kind of diversity in the teaching staff in the benefit of both mainstream Americans and minority students.

Posted April 30, 2008
I find this school, as a public school, to be top notch. I also find many complaints to be diversity issues which is not something that can be forced upon a school as the current public system is setup. There is plenty of multicultural education as my kids have come home with lots of information they have learned in regards to minorities and the accomplishments. I am of moderate income (60k) and am not shunned or looked down upon based on my income. Everyone seems to be really nice regardless of your background.

New Albany Elementary School 4-5 3

Posted March 29, 2008
The school is not interested in diversity or multicultural education, hiring, or community issues. The school is very large. The teachers are average, many are in their first year and have had no classroom experience. The PTO is exclusive and like a clique. The principal is not a good leader nor does what is best for the students. If I had to do it all over again, I would move to Bexley.

New Albany Elementary School 4-5
87 North High St, New Albany, OH  43054
Last modified New Albany Elementary School 4-5 is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Albany Elementary School 4-5 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top