Central Elementary School 2

Posted November 14, 2011
I have 3 children in Central. This is our second year there. Last year was a year of bullying that was not handled to my satisffaction. This year, I must admit the children bullying has worked itself out however, the teachers seem to gossip about students' personal issues, and they allow their personal issues to effect how they treat the children. Often they allow students to monitor and discipline other students. Teachers don't seem to want to be bothered with parents concerns and often ignore them. The principal as well.

Central Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2011
My daughter is in first grade at Central and went there for Kindergarten as well. From my experience, the classes are way too large (29-30 is first grade). Not only is that bad for teacher/ student interaction, but the rooms can barely contain that many kids. This year I feel that my daughter's teacher and principle have brushed aside our concerns for our child, including racial teasing that has happen to my child.

Central Elementary School 0

Posted March 24, 2010
we recently moved and my son was supposed to go to west elementary, but i love central so much i filled out a open enrollment form so he can stay at central. I love the teachers and staff there.

Central Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2008
my son is going to central for the first time this year. I have to say the school has been great, the only problem I have is that my son doesn't qualify for transportation. but other than that its been great.

Posted July 24, 2007
Awesome and caring teachers. Involved principal. Terrific music programs. Clean building and playground.

Posted May 22, 2006
Central Elem. loves Parent involvement. They show there thanks and always welcomes new parents. my son got the opportunity to learn to play the recorder. and he loved it!even to the point where it drove us nuts sometimes. the teachers provide great lessons and hands on experience on materials and projects. It's also a very safe and comfortable school. there's no problems with secruity and other children. the discipline is far and reasonable. ex. after so many homework forms the child recieves a detention at recess to make up homework or other studies. another thing about the parent involvement is if you don't want to or can't at that particular event they won't bug you again about it. the important part: My son doesn't mind going to school and he's in 4th grade! to me that says something.

Posted May 22, 2006
My Son attends this school and he enjoys going. It is very safe. I haven't had any problems with My Child at this school. The teachers are great and work with the students one on one if need be.

Central Elementary School
145 Ray Ave NW, New Philadelphia, OH  44663
Last modified Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.