John Clem Elementary School 0

Posted March 17, 2010
My daughter and step daughters go to john clem and I give it 4 stars.

John Clem Elementary School 3

Posted December 23, 2008

John Clem Elementary School 3

Posted June 11, 2006
Quality of academic programs: the math curriculum is circular, I don't believe it is effective at all. The reading program is nice, gives them incentives, although it doesn't push them to challenge themselves beyond their level. Availability of Music, etc..the only thing they offer is music, in 4th grade only. We came to John Clem the middle of last year from a private school and I was beyond unimpressed. The principal this year is much better, although I feel all of the staff members are very patronizing toward parents with concerns instead of helpful. The 4th grade teaching staff would be the exception. Parental involvment was non-existent. The academic awards program had 3 or so parents there. It doesnt help that you have to pay to have a voice in what happens per PTO. Horrible dress guidelines,no structure. Low test scores.

Posted February 02, 2006
- a former student

Posted June 09, 2004
My daughter attended John Clem for K-2 and then transferred to Hazelwood for 3rd. John Clem is by far the best and we are looking to move during the summer back to the district. They are very family oriented and show genuine care for the children. With any luck, we will be back for 4th.

Posted January 29, 2004
John Clem is such a great school everyone is involved and everybody from the teachers and parents to students give it their all!

John Clem Elementary School
475 Jefferson Rd, Newark, OH  43055
Last modified John Clem Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Clem Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.