Newark, OH
Students enrolled: 1,503

Posted August 12, 2012
This school is Unsatisfactory in all areas ...Teachers, Principles and academic programs are insufficient to severely poor Parents should pay more attention and be more involved

Posted April 22, 2010
I attend Newark. Newark high never use to be so bad but now it is worse than ever. The schools are all way too crowded. Although there are some caring teachers, more than half only care about what they are getting paid. The whole district can't even spend there money wisely and the levies never pass.

Posted March 25, 2009
Newark City Schools are or I should say are an embarrasement to this city. I have kids in the system and we as parents need to pass the levy so that they can bring back the things our kids need.

Newark High School

Posted December 10, 2008
The teachers at Newark are very helpful and caring. Koodos to Ms. Braunt-Web, Ms. Loomis, Ms. Ralph, Mr. Duffy, Mr. Freidly and Mr. Mooney. Very accomodating and go out of thier way to help students.

Newark High School 2

Posted March 14, 2007
I think that if your student is gifted, or high ability, then they will do fine at Newark. I have been with other school systems though, and Newark, overall, does not compare favorably with them. But while I had a high ability student, I also have a child who does not learn in the 'don't question, just do it' kind of atmosphere that is in place at Newark High. They do not seem to encourage analytical thinking, and if you have a non conventional learner, you are not going to find much support here. There are caring people on staff, but maybe due to size, follow through for any task that you are told will be done is less than 20% in my experience. Children fall through cracks, and a parent would have to actually go sit at the school at least once a day to get any follow through.

Posted May 05, 2006
hi my anme is kati and this is my fisrt year at newark high since im a freshman.. my first year here is almost over.. we have 23 days left and im kind happy. my first year here..has been great and i hvae many good memories to share.i would definetely recomend any parent that wants their child in a good school to bring them here.

Posted February 02, 2006
Fabulous teachers, great fine arts and athletics. Lots of opportunities for students.

Posted April 14, 2005
The comment about teachers not caring, and only worrying about how much they get paid is ridiculous. Students and parents should quit bashing the teachers and take some initiative. Your success is dependant upon your effort and if you are willing to try then the teachers are willing to help. On the other hand, teachers (especially at the high school level) are not there to hold your hand. Everybody faces problems throughout their lives and everyone has to learn to cope. This is no reason to say that is a bad school. The majority of problems that teachers have come from a result of bad parenting. If parents would monitor their children more closely students may do better. NHS is a great place to learn.

Newark High School 4

Posted December 28, 2004
I am a freshman at Newark High School. So far, the year has been basically pleasant. Most of the teachers that I have are good, and they do care. The Newark campus is beautiful, and is very safe. I would certainly reccomend Newark High School to any parent.

Newark High School 4

Posted December 09, 2004
I was a student at NHS for 2 years. I am currently enrolled at Licking county C-tec, I do agree with all of the above comments, If you set your mind to it you will succeed. For those students who do not want to be there then they are not going to do well no matter how caring the teachers are. My freshmen year i had a surgery and when i was out before and after the surgery my teachers were very helping in getting me caught up. Newark High School does have some very caring teachers and I believe it is just the same if not better then most High Schools. We do have teachers that do not care but if you treat them with respect then they care and help you succeed.

Newark High School
314 Granville St, Newark, OH  43055
Last modified Newark High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newark High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top