Posted August 12, 2012
This school is Unsatisfactory in all areas ...Teachers, Principles and academic programs are insufficient to severely poor Parents should pay more attention and be more involved

Posted April 22, 2010
I attend Newark. Newark high never use to be so bad but now it is worse than ever. The schools are all way too crowded. Although there are some caring teachers, more than half only care about what they are getting paid. The whole district can't even spend there money wisely and the levies never pass.

Newark High School 3

Posted July 10, 2009

Posted March 25, 2009
Newark City Schools are or I should say are an embarrasement to this city. I have kids in the system and we as parents need to pass the levy so that they can bring back the things our kids need.

Newark High School 0

Posted December 10, 2008
The teachers at Newark are very helpful and caring. Koodos to Ms. Braunt-Web, Ms. Loomis, Ms. Ralph, Mr. Duffy, Mr. Freidly and Mr. Mooney. Very accomodating and go out of thier way to help students.

Posted November 04, 2008

Newark High School 4

Posted March 10, 2008

Newark High School 2

Posted March 14, 2007
I think that if your student is gifted, or high ability, then they will do fine at Newark. I have been with other school systems though, and Newark, overall, does not compare favorably with them. But while I had a high ability student, I also have a child who does not learn in the 'don't question, just do it' kind of atmosphere that is in place at Newark High. They do not seem to encourage analytical thinking, and if you have a non conventional learner, you are not going to find much support here. There are caring people on staff, but maybe due to size, follow through for any task that you are told will be done is less than 20% in my experience. Children fall through cracks, and a parent would have to actually go sit at the school at least once a day to get any follow through.

Posted May 05, 2006
hi my anme is kati and this is my fisrt year at newark high since im a freshman.. my first year here is almost over.. we have 23 days left and im kind happy. my first year here..has been great and i hvae many good memories to share.i would definetely recomend any parent that wants their child in a good school to bring them here.

Posted February 02, 2006
- a staff
Fabulous teachers, great fine arts and athletics. Lots of opportunities for students.

Newark High School
314 Granville St, Newark, OH  43055
Last modified Newark High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newark High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top