Posted July 06, 2013
I loved attending this school. Their teachers were so helpful, encouraging, nice, and caring. The netbooks that they gave to each of us was really helpful. I was able to stay in touch with the teachers and class even when I was out sick. The academics were amazing, as were the extracurricular activities, sports, and disciplinary areas of the school. Over all Licking Valley High School was the best school that I have ever attended. I never felt school pride before I went to Valley, or that I fit into a community. Once a Licking Valley Panther, always a Licking Valley Panther

Posted March 11, 2009

Licking Valley High School 1

Posted November 13, 2008

Licking Valley High School 4

Posted April 12, 2008

Posted April 01, 2008
I went to Licking Valley High School for 2 years and I loved it. Very nice teacher who understand the needs of each students and makes sure that those needs and goals anre being met by the studetn and the teacher. The school is run very smoothly and as far as discipline goes it is very good. Licking Valley High School is on get big family to me.

Licking Valley High School 3

Posted January 03, 2007
I've had 3 children graduate from LVHS. My only complaint was the favoritism with the guidance counselor with scholarships and overall the college guidance was non-existent. My last daughter was a high honors (black) student. She applied to Notre Dame and was accepted then graduated in 4yrs. Honor student at ND. She had never been referred to any scholarship applications while at LVHS. Overall all my children have had a good education experience at Licking Valley, but not great. I think the academic program could improve along with the quality of teachers.

Licking Valley High School 1

Posted June 17, 2006

Posted March 09, 2005
LVHS offers quality academic programs. Currently, all core classes are being tested quarterly in preparation for the OGT. Students that make the honor roll are recognized at an academic assembly for their achievements. Each class is challenged to improve the class percentage of those on the honor roll for the next grading period. Twice a month, students are randomly selected to have lunch with the principals to express their concerns--both positive and negative--about the school. Once a month, parents are randomly selected to have breakfast with the principals to express their concerns about the high school and the district. I believe this is an extremely beneficial program that opens the doors to communication, which often is lacking in the high school arena.

Posted January 25, 2005
- a former student
I recently graduated from LVHS after going there since kindergarten and I had one of the best experiences as anyone could ask for. I loved my school and the surrounding community is one I wish to return to following college. It IS still a small rural school and the teachers give you personalized attention and often form bonds with their students for life. I recently had my 6th grade teacher hand me my diploma, how many others can say that they've stayed close with their 6th grade teachers? Licking Valley is a wonderful school district that is improving with leaps and bounds every year.

Posted September 12, 2004
I am a Junior at Licking Valley High School and have gone to school in this district since the fourth grade. My experience at Licking Valley has had it's ups and downs, but in general, LV has been quite wonderful. One thing that slightly disturbed me about LV is how quickly the children form cliques here. I had previously attended a Newark elementary school before moving here, and at newark, everyone was friends, but once I moved here as young as the fourth grade, social status had already been decided.

Licking Valley High School
100 Hainsview Dr, Newark, OH  43055
Last modified Licking Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Licking Valley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top