Bad
Good

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted September 09, 2012
I went to this elementary school K-6. I am a graduate of '08 and I have the say this school system was much better back in the late '90s. Washington has excellent teachers and that really is the only good thing about it. The principal I had was mean, the lunch ladies were even more so mean. The building is very old and the kids don't have much of a playground. My children will not be attending Niles.

Washington Elementary School 2

Posted April 08, 2011
my first child attended here for two years. The teaching curriculum was not consistant between classrooms. Advanced students were not challenged enough by the teacher and my child was constantly bored. After my wife attended several other school's classes as a student teacher, she realized how far behind this school is compared to the others in our area. Would highly suggest open enrolling your child to Mineral Ridge, Mcdonald, Howland or Girard. All are very close to Niles.

Washington Elementary School

Posted February 06, 2009
My step kids went to this school and my oldest daughter is now in this school and in kindergarten fact is this school is suppose to have a no tolerance act and in my opinion it don't the kids still pick on kids and when a kindergartner don't want to go to school because of being made fun of about how she dresses or looks like that day then something is wrong. Kindergarten is suppose to be the first part of learn and suppose to be fun and when a kindergartner does not want to go to school you know something is wrong we as parents need to teach our kids to respect our pears and one another to live with out hurting ones feeling no matter what race or looks.

Washington Elementary School 1

Posted November 15, 2006
This school is easily the most disappointing in Niles. The teachers are fabulous, but lack appropriate resources and leadership. There is no consistency in disciplinary action.

Washington Elementary School 4

Posted June 23, 2006
I recently bought a house in Niles only a few blocks from another school and have without hesitation decided to send my two boys to Washington for their last 2 years. I have found over the last 4 years, the teachers to be approachable and eager to speak to interested parents. Without question I have found the principal, Mrs. Ruggles, to show a fine balance for respect for the children and parents, and the necessary discipline needed to supervise a school of 600+ kids. She has always made time for last minute meetings and is always putting the childrens education and well being ahead of any agenda that parents may have. I feel fortunate to have my boys under her guidance.

Washington Elementary School 2

Posted February 07, 2006
I am not thrilled with this school my children are not doing well they bring papers home never graded the teacher response is awful my daughter has adhd and she is not recieving any of the help she needs.

Washington Elementary School 1

Posted March 21, 2004
My Husband and I are very dissapointed with this school. This school did not offer any gifted classes for our son, when we moved here. My children were used to a very structured school enviroment. There is none in this school. My Daughter has done alright. Over all I would rate this school a 2 out of 5.

Washington Elementary School
805 Hartzell Ave, Niles, OH  44446
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.