Bad
Good

I went to this elementary school K-6. I am a graduate of '08 and I have the say this school system was much better back in the late '90s. Washington has excellent teachers and that really is the only good thing about it. The principal I had was mean, the lunch ladies were even more so mean. The building is very old and the kids don't have much of a playground. My children will not be attending Niles.

my first child attended here for two years. The teaching curriculum was not consistant between classrooms. Advanced students were not challenged enough by the teacher and my child was constantly bored. After my wife attended several other school's classes as a student teacher, she realized how far behind this school is compared to the others in our area. Would highly suggest open enrolling your child to Mineral Ridge, Mcdonald, Howland or Girard. All are very close to Niles.

My step kids went to this school and my oldest daughter is now in this school and in kindergarten fact is this school is suppose to have a no tolerance act and in my opinion it don't the kids still pick on kids and when a kindergartner don't want to go to school because of being made fun of about how she dresses or looks like that day then something is wrong. Kindergarten is suppose to be the first part of learn and suppose to be fun and when a kindergartner does not want to go to school you know something is wrong we as parents need to teach our kids to respect our pears and one another to live with out hurting ones feeling no matter what race or looks.

This school is easily the most disappointing in Niles. The teachers are fabulous, but lack appropriate resources and leadership. There is no consistency in disciplinary action.

Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.