No rating

Lake Ridge Academy

Private | K-12 | 425 students

Living in North Ridgeville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $147,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $690.

Sweep tile

Posted April 7, 2014

Lake Ridge Academy is an exceptional school. They have very high standards and a helpful and caring staff. My sixth grader enjoys the friendly environment, from her friends to her teachers. I recommend to anyone who prefers small classes and one-on-one help.

Posted November 9, 2013

I have two kids at LRA. One who started in kindergarten and one transferred into 5th. They love it! My daughter, now in 2nd grade is reading at a 5th grade level,and loves to learn. My fifth grader has made a smooth transition, and has caught up to the LRA level rather quickly thanks to the support of his wonderful teachers. The math and science curriculum is outstanding. The staff is amazing. It has been an all around wonderful experience. Our goal is to get our kids into a top 10 school and LRA is the way to do it.

Posted September 13, 2013

My daughter transferred to LRA in sixth grade from another private school and I could not be happier with my choice, She is now happy in school, has made nice friends and cares about her grades. LRA is a very nuturing enviromnment were learning and achieving are encouraged and praised. The teachers are always available and take a real interest in their students. When asked who her best teacher is? She does not name one, but many and eagerly tells me what each one has done and why.

Posted July 25, 2013

not the best choice they portray the school as a very good environment during the tour but once you are inside it its no different than a regular public school there are a few people who distribute certain things and there are your grades that are all basically users. this is all in the high school that this activity takes place. the school is racist and mostly opinions not factual things. they try to trick you. lower school is fun and good once you get into middle school you start to see sides come out. and once you get into high school it is down hill there are the groups like a regular high school but it is so divided it is not a community like they say. everything is deceptive from the outside but once you enter the real environment it is not very good. just think about these things before you decide to send your child to this school.

Posted April 5, 2013

My child is currently in kindergarten at LRA and though the school puts on a great open house and has great facilities, my husband and I have been very disappointed with the academics. His main teachers have been absent at least 10% of the time and the school meets at least 2 weeks less than public schools. The $2000 supply fee goes for what? perhaps printing drawings in technology class and a few projects, such as a pinch pot he brought home from art class. He has watched on average at least one video a week. When I asked the head of school why he watched Frosty the Snowman in Music class when his teacher was absent, she responded that the substitute was not musically trained. His technology class has constituted using one drawing program for the year which involves drawing and color or watching more videos. There are some great aspects to LRA, including small classes and exposure to a foreign language, and I'm sure the school improves in later years. In fact other parents tell me that it gets more academic next year; I just can't take that chance. My husband saw a parent and child taking a tour today and wanted to tell them what it is really like, hence this review.

Posted September 17, 2011

My daughter attended this school. Not only did she love to learn, she cried during vacations because school wasn't in session. The teachers are so supportive and really know their business. When my daughter went to college - she was beyond ready to face the challenges. She thrived. Thank you Lake Ridge Academy!

Posted May 11, 2011

My kid is a high school kid and sending my kid to this school was the worse mistake I have ever made. The Dean of the high school is the worse teacher of them all where she uses her PHD to substantiate her lack of teaching abilities and she doesn't go over and beyond to assist struggling students like the remaining of the staff. I believe the teachers could be more diverse and for the amount of money it costs, I would send my kid elsewhere it's definitely not worth it.

Posted January 27, 2011

Lake Ridge Academy is an all around amazing school. I am a student in the upper school and I have attended Lake Ridge since Kindergarten. The academics at LRA are astounding and prepare the students extremely well for college. The size of the student body allows the students and teachers to bond and become a true community. The students can go to any teacher or their advisor at any time to receive help academically or personally. The students are friendly to one another and no one is excluded from anything. Even though the school is small, there are many sports offered and clubs for any interest. In the middle and upper school, there are many foreign exchange students from countries such as China, Germany, Korea, and more. One of my classes is made up of seven american students and seven foreign exchange students. I am so thankful that I have been able to attend Lake Ridge Academy for all these years. I have made so many connections with students and teachers and the school has offered me an excellent education. I am extremely proud of my school and will stand by and support my school for the rest of my life.

Posted August 24, 2010

Great academics but bad students. The teachers are very kind and are more than willing to help you with reports and respect the students opinion. The students there, in my opinion, are not very kind to each other and sometimes very disrespectful to the other students. Another thing I am not to fond of is the size of the school. I also think it is a bit too pricy but it is one of the schools where you can get a scholar ship. It is way too small to have a football team, however, it let's you have a personal relationship with the staff which they can help you to a point where it is hard to get a failing grade. I think the best starting point is at junior high where they will be introduced to the school before high school. I highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted November 3, 2009

I am at Lake Ridge Academy and I love it. I am a 7th grader and the teachers are the best
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 25, 2009

I have a daughter who attends Lake Ridge Academy, and another who attends a very good public school. While my daughter in the public schools is doing well and receiving a solid education, my LRA child is learning how to learn, how to study, and how to succeed. I wish I could convince my other daughter to switch!

Posted March 4, 2008

I've attended Lake Ridge Academy since 3rd grade. I am now only a few months away from entering my senior year. Sending me to Lake Ridge has been the greatest gift my parents could have given me. Not only am I confident that I will succeed in college and beyond, but I also know that years from now there will still be a close-knit community of teachers and students to support me in the same way they have supported me all my life. I truly love Lake Ridge Academy. It is my second family. I only hope that one day I will be able to give as much back to it as it has given me.
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 9, 2007

Lake Ridge is an outstanding private school. We have 3 sons, 2 have attended this school. The older of those 2 has thanked us repeatedly throughout his college years for sending him to LRA as it prepared him well. LRA not only prepared our sons academically but also as outstanding citizens. It is worth a visit to the school!

Posted August 24, 2007

Lake Ridge is a great school. The teachers and learning environment maybe the best in the state. The school can bring the best out of a student who is interested in studying and being prepared for demanding college experience.

Posted August 31, 2004

My daughter has just started her second year at Lake Ridge Academy and we can not be more thrilled. At the end of her kindergarten year, she was reading at a second grade level and speaking french. The teachers are all highly qualified and still loving what they are doing. I could not have asked for a better beginning foundation for my daughter's education experience and my husband and I are already making plans for our three year old to attend. Lake Ridge Academy is an excellent school and I would recommend to everyone that they send their children there. Thank you Lake Ridge for giving my daughter the confidence in herself to become such an excellent student.

Posted March 19, 2004

My daughter is in her second year at LRA's middle school. I credit the caring environment she is now in to her outlook in life. She is once again the happy child I knew. LRA teachers are special. Every teacher, not just the ones my daughter has, is kind, caring and knows my daughter by name. They care about their students in every way possible. I know she is getting a wonderful education and learning respect for all. For myself I know at the end of the day she has learned something educational and fun. I have never wanted to go back to any age, but if I could I would want to be at LRA at any age.

Posted August 22, 2003

LRA has a wonderful atmoshere! Everyone is very supportive and encouraging. LRA is one big close and caring community. The teachers are outstanding. They are always willing to take time out of their day to help thier students! LRA gets an A+ from me!
—Submitted by a former student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian 22% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Fax number
  • (440) 327-3641

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

37501 Center Ridge Rd