Lake Ridge Academy 1

Posted July 24, 2014
Horrible environment to work in. Administrators are non-supportive of faculty and staff. The school attempts to displays a warm and caring environment that does not exist. Teachers in the lower and middle schools are mediocre at best. Claims to be on the forefront of technology which is far from the truth. The school is always attempting to draw a market of families based on new programs initiated that all disintegrate within a short period of time. Save your money and talents.

Posted April 07, 2014
Lake Ridge Academy is an exceptional school. They have very high standards and a helpful and caring staff. My sixth grader enjoys the friendly environment, from her friends to her teachers. I recommend to anyone who prefers small classes and one-on-one help.

Posted November 09, 2013
I have two kids at LRA. One who started in kindergarten and one transferred into 5th. They love it! My daughter, now in 2nd grade is reading at a 5th grade level,and loves to learn. My fifth grader has made a smooth transition, and has caught up to the LRA level rather quickly thanks to the support of his wonderful teachers. The math and science curriculum is outstanding. The staff is amazing. It has been an all around wonderful experience. Our goal is to get our kids into a top 10 school and LRA is the way to do it.

Posted September 13, 2013
My daughter transferred to LRA in sixth grade from another private school and I could not be happier with my choice, She is now happy in school, has made nice friends and cares about her grades. LRA is a very nuturing enviromnment were learning and achieving are encouraged and praised. The teachers are always available and take a real interest in their students. When asked who her best teacher is? She does not name one, but many and eagerly tells me what each one has done and why.

Posted July 25, 2013
not the best choice they portray the school as a very good environment during the tour but once you are inside it its no different than a regular public school there are a few people who distribute certain things and there are your grades that are all basically users. this is all in the high school that this activity takes place. the school is racist and mostly opinions not factual things. they try to trick you. lower school is fun and good once you get into middle school you start to see sides come out. and once you get into high school it is down hill there are the groups like a regular high school but it is so divided it is not a community like they say. everything is deceptive from the outside but once you enter the real environment it is not very good. just think about these things before you decide to send your child to this school.

Posted April 05, 2013
My child is currently in kindergarten at LRA and though the school puts on a great open house and has great facilities, my husband and I have been very disappointed with the academics. His main teachers have been absent at least 10% of the time and the school meets at least 2 weeks less than public schools. The $2000 supply fee goes for what? perhaps printing drawings in technology class and a few projects, such as a pinch pot he brought home from art class. He has watched on average at least one video a week. When I asked the head of school why he watched Frosty the Snowman in Music class when his teacher was absent, she responded that the substitute was not musically trained. His technology class has constituted using one drawing program for the year which involves drawing and color or watching more videos. There are some great aspects to LRA, including small classes and exposure to a foreign language, and I'm sure the school improves in later years. In fact other parents tell me that it gets more academic next year; I just can't take that chance. My husband saw a parent and child taking a tour today and wanted to tell them what it is really like, hence this review.

Posted September 17, 2011
My daughter attended this school. Not only did she love to learn, she cried during vacations because school wasn't in session. The teachers are so supportive and really know their business. When my daughter went to college - she was beyond ready to face the challenges. She thrived. Thank you Lake Ridge Academy!

Posted May 11, 2011
My kid is a high school kid and sending my kid to this school was the worse mistake I have ever made. The Dean of the high school is the worse teacher of them all where she uses her PHD to substantiate her lack of teaching abilities and she doesn't go over and beyond to assist struggling students like the remaining of the staff. I believe the teachers could be more diverse and for the amount of money it costs, I would send my kid elsewhere it's definitely not worth it.

Posted January 27, 2011
Lake Ridge Academy is an all around amazing school. I am a student in the upper school and I have attended Lake Ridge since Kindergarten. The academics at LRA are astounding and prepare the students extremely well for college. The size of the student body allows the students and teachers to bond and become a true community. The students can go to any teacher or their advisor at any time to receive help academically or personally. The students are friendly to one another and no one is excluded from anything. Even though the school is small, there are many sports offered and clubs for any interest. In the middle and upper school, there are many foreign exchange students from countries such as China, Germany, Korea, and more. One of my classes is made up of seven american students and seven foreign exchange students. I am so thankful that I have been able to attend Lake Ridge Academy for all these years. I have made so many connections with students and teachers and the school has offered me an excellent education. I am extremely proud of my school and will stand by and support my school for the rest of my life.

Lake Ridge Academy 3

Posted August 24, 2010
Great academics but bad students. The teachers are very kind and are more than willing to help you with reports and respect the students opinion. The students there, in my opinion, are not very kind to each other and sometimes very disrespectful to the other students. Another thing I am not to fond of is the size of the school. I also think it is a bit too pricy but it is one of the schools where you can get a scholar ship. It is way too small to have a football team, however, it let's you have a personal relationship with the staff which they can help you to a point where it is hard to get a failing grade. I think the best starting point is at junior high where they will be introduced to the school before high school. I highly recommend this school to anyone.

Lake Ridge Academy