PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted February 11, 2012
Great school. Strong community and families who support one another. Teachers continue to strive in helping students reach their potential.

St Barnabas School 4

Posted August 10, 2008
It's a nice school. I feel like I'm always getting a great education!

Posted October 03, 2007
If you have discipline in the home, then you will treasure the school community, principal, teachers and parents! In first grade, I did have a parent issue. Instead of discussing it with other parents, we had a meeting with the principal and teacher. The principal recommended that the teacher find a positive reason to give my son a sticker each day. His attitude and grades immediately improved. He is now in the accelerated program! In addition, I am going through chemo for breast cancer. The principal surprised me and showed up at my home before the school year with packet pick up. She did not see me over the summer, so she did not know how I was feeling and wanted to provide me with the information on the chance I did not feel well enough to attend. In this era, what school principal will do that for a parent?!

Posted February 21, 2007
Saint Barnabas is a great Catholic school with many opportunities for children to excel. Honor's programs are available as well as help for those children who need it. Class sizes are large but (27-30) but because of the discipline instilled in the students as well as teacher's aides, our children excel. Spanish is offered from first grade on as well as art, computors, gym and music. The teachers are the difference here with so many caring, well educated professionals. Our children consistently are accepted into very competitive high schools, where they continue to excel. I would say that more male teachers would be a great benefit for our students, but pay which is lower than local public schools makes finding that difficult.

Posted August 20, 2006
I am so impressed with the parent involvement, organization of staff, extracurricular activities, and classes offered.

Posted May 09, 2006
This is a great school which does a wonderful job with each child at both an academic an personal level. The teachers are very decicated and have a true concern with each and every student.

St Barnabas School 1

Posted May 16, 2005
After well over a decade, I am pulling my children out of this school. They do not dismiss teachers that have had many parent complaints due to demeaning, mean-spirited, unchristian attitude toward the children. Their discipline system is ridiculous and petty. It is my experience that the staff takes no responsibility for its failures and offers no constructive solutions. There are no male personnel. My boys suffer for this. After many years, my children are coming away from the St. Barnabas experience with less confidence, less self-worth, a slightly above-average academic education and psychological issues we now need to deal with at home.

Posted May 17, 2004
Great school with dedicated teachers and a wonderful principal who is very visible, approachable and well versed in her faith.

Posted May 08, 2004
We transferred from another private school last year and have been very happy and satisfied with St. Barnabas School this school year. The staff is very personable and helpful. Activities and field trips are very educational. The teachers really seem to geniunely care about the students and their level or learning.

St Barnabas School 1

Posted February 29, 2004
The most un-Catholic school I have encountered. Too big, busy and unfriendly. Class scheduling is atrocious.

St Barnabas School