PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Great school. Strong community and families who support one another. Teachers continue to strive in helping students reach their potential.

It's a nice school. I feel like I'm always getting a great education!

If you have discipline in the home, then you will treasure the school community, principal, teachers and parents! In first grade, I did have a parent issue. Instead of discussing it with other parents, we had a meeting with the principal and teacher. The principal recommended that the teacher find a positive reason to give my son a sticker each day. His attitude and grades immediately improved. He is now in the accelerated program! In addition, I am going through chemo for breast cancer. The principal surprised me and showed up at my home before the school year with packet pick up. She did not see me over the summer, so she did not know how I was feeling and wanted to provide me with the information on the chance I did not feel well enough to attend. In this era, what school principal will do that for a parent?!

Saint Barnabas is a great Catholic school with many opportunities for children to excel. Honor's programs are available as well as help for those children who need it. Class sizes are large but (27-30) but because of the discipline instilled in the students as well as teacher's aides, our children excel. Spanish is offered from first grade on as well as art, computors, gym and music. The teachers are the difference here with so many caring, well educated professionals. Our children consistently are accepted into very competitive high schools, where they continue to excel. I would say that more male teachers would be a great benefit for our students, but pay which is lower than local public schools makes finding that difficult.

Last modified St Barnabas School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8