Posted May 10, 2012
I have two children that attend Sharpsburg, and we have had a great experience. Luckily, I live close by and we walk, so we don't have to deal with the drop off issues which do truly exist. We have loved the staff and my girls (1st and 3rd grade) have always loved their teachers. I feel like the current principal is doing everything she can to motivate the kids (she's dying her hair purple this Friday because the 4th graders met their reading goals), and she genuinely cares for their success. We have the financial ability to go to private schools, but have been very pleased with our experience so far. I do agree that more parents need to be involved. This is a difficult issue in a district where most parents work.

Sharpsburg Elementary School 2

Posted April 05, 2011
My child attends Sharpsburg ele. this is our first year in the publis school system. I myself attendeda public school. The 2010 2011 school year is near its end and I must say Norwood City school NEED some work. Student drop off is a Joke! NOt even close to enough "drop off" parking, every morning parents are waiting block or 2 away from the drop off area to drop off the students. If a you leave close, walking is the ONLY way to beat the angry parents who are attemping to drop off there children. HEAD LICE not once or even twice but 5 times this school year. According to school health aid child whom have clean hair atrack the head lice more so than the children with dirty hair. So now my child only washes her hair every other day to TRY to avoid this nasty problem. Located on a very busy street pick up is even worse! The crossing guard informed me last week that they will be let go after this school year. This all of the public lissues that affect this school district my child WILL NOT be attending next year, instead she will go to a private school.

Sharpsburg Elementary School 4

Posted March 29, 2011
This Norwood School has an excellent, caring staff. I am impressed in all they do for each child. The one thing I would like to see improved is the amount of parent involvement in school activities.

Sharpsburg Elementary School 0

Posted September 24, 2010
It is smack dab in the middle of Norwood, Ohio. An older school, but has a modern, hands-on attitude with students. Most teachers there are over-worked and under-appreciated due to the students that have been forced to attend from a nearby closed school. But ... I believe they have enormous school spirit. They all chime in on their school pledges, songs and gatherings with happy voices. The students (no matter what grade - K-6) are determined to have a great day sharing with others and treating each other with kindness. If Sharpsburg Elementary could be graded for overall school pride - I would give them an A+ for effort and another A+ for attitude. So, there it is. My thoughts on Sharpsburg. I hope you get more comments from others on this wonderful school. GO BULLDOGS!!!

Posted August 25, 2009

Sharpsburg Elementary School 4

Posted May 29, 2008

Posted August 03, 2004
Sharpsburg is an excellent school. Class sizes are small enough so that teachers may cater to each individual students needs. The principal, teachers and all other staff members are friendly and very approachable. I am thrilled to be sending my children to Sharpsburg School.

Posted June 12, 2004
You felt welcomed like a family... only wish more parents would get involved

Contact Information

4400 Smith Rd
Norwood, OH 45212

Sharpsburg Elementary School
4400 Smith Rd, Norwood, OH  45212
Last modified Sharpsburg Elementary School is a public school that serves grades 3-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sharpsburg Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.