Posted August 31, 2014
The teachers and the staff of this school system do the best they can with what they've got. Unfortunately some parents want the teachers to raise their children for them. This has given the teachers the unfortunate idea that most of the parents aren't doing things like checking homework and that parents don't care about grades. The elementary principal, Dr. Whiner, is amazing and mostly easy to work with. My son didn't like school and I was having a difficult time convincing him to go and Dr. Whiner took him by the hand and they got it all worked out. Some of the teachers are difficult to work with if your child is struggling but there are more teachers who want to help and are even eager to do so if the parent shows the desire to have their child excel. It is hard to get levies to pass in Grand Valley and the children can suffer for it but as I said in the beginning, the school does the best it can with what it's got.

Grand Valley Elementary School 3

Posted March 19, 2014
Middle school principal is great. Elementary school principal needs supervision. School neat and clean. Some teachers only in it for check.

Posted May 27, 2013
The Middle School is Beter than the Elementary. If you can go to Jefferson. I have one child in 3rd grade and one child in the 5th grade. I am not pleased with either Next school year 2013-2014 the will be taken out. THE ABSOLUTE WORST IS THE FAT LAZY BUS DRIVERS!!! To much and not enough room to tell about drivers. One of my childern had there phone stolen from her, I had to pick it up from the prinipal, I was told that the other childs parents were advised of the situation, I did not belive the principal due to the very next day my child's phone was returned after I was yelled at, anyways I looked thru the cell phone and saw phone numbers in the phone from the prior day when it was stolen, I took it upon myself to call the unknown numbers, one was the childs Mother's and the other was her Aunts home.I explained why and how I had there phone numbers. They had NO idea that there child was stealing? Two days later my child's friend's phone was taken, This time she was caught by the teacher, She was sneeking in at recess and taking what she wanted out of the other little girls backpacks. If I could rate this school Half a star I would.

Posted May 25, 2013
The principal is okay but is unwilling to fix any issues that kids are having. my daughters first grade teacher is horrible.

Posted August 25, 2012
VERRY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS SCHOOL . DO NOT FEEL THEY NCOURAGE PARENT ENVOLVMENT BUT DISENCOURAGE IT . TRYED TO WORK WITH THEM SEVERAL TIMES BUT THEY DIDNOT FOLLOW THROUGH AND FIX THINGS THEY SAID THEY WOULD . AND I BELIVE THEIR PROFSESSIONILISM NEEDS MUCH IMPROVMENT

Grand Valley Elementary School 5

Posted May 11, 2010

Posted January 28, 2010
We had had one child go through this school (who is now in the middle school) and one that is in 4th grade and one that will go to Kindergarten next year. We love the staff, they are excellent and care about our children and their sucess. The Principal is wonderful. When we moved to Orwell, schools were a top priority and we have not been disappointed yet!

Grand Valley Elementary School 5

Posted January 01, 2010
I have 2 kids in this school district and they LOVE their teachers. They hug the principal every chance they get because they adore her! I have always felt welcomed when i enter the building. I am so glad that they attend Grand Valley.

Posted May 27, 2009
I think the school is great. Great teaching staff and curriculum. The principal seems to be a wonderfully caring person who loves her job and knows all the kids' names.

Posted March 24, 2009

Grand Valley Elementary School
111 Grand Valley Ave West, Orwell, OH  44076
Last modified Grand Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grand Valley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top