Posted April 28, 2014
TMS seems like a very nice community, with friendly staff and faculty. My daughter enjoys attending TMS, and has had a great experience there. There are many clubs she was involved in, and athletics were a strong point, too. The only negative is that while there are good academics overall, she says she is not being as challenged in all of her classes, as much as she would like to be. We have communicated this to her teachers, and they have stepped up, and have met her needs.

Talawanda Middle School 5

Posted November 29, 2009

Posted June 08, 2009

Posted March 03, 2009
I am very involved in TMS. Frankly, I don't know what the last person in speaking about. Kids are Kids. They have excellent role models in the teachers, faculty and staff here. There are many great things going on at TMS, many diverse programs both during and after school for the students to participate in, including music, sports, and clubs. Rote exercises and work sheets where? I have my fourth child currently at this school and this is not the norm for this school. The math program is the only thing that is a sub par and they're working on it. All else makes for a wonderful learning environment and a great place to go to school. Best in the area.

Talawanda Middle School 1

Posted November 10, 2008
I am very concerned with the way children are being treated at this school, and possibly many others. I feel kids cannot be kids anymore these days. I thought people who work as teachers were leaders and positive role models. We have experienced a lot of negativity towards our child from this school. MMay

Talawanda Middle School 3

Posted September 16, 2006
Too many rote exercises and worksheets for my taste. Homework is perfunctory. Our child has Never been asked or required to go the library and write a research report for example. They seem to cycle over the same basic science lessons again and again. I know school isn't all fun, but its disappointing how little our children have been challenged to think or to write.

Talawanda Middle School 5

Posted May 05, 2006
My vhildren have thoroughly enjoyed their academic experience at the middle school. We have always had success in dealing with teachers and administration. The music program rocks,both children that attend are in band and we are off to our 1st competition tomorrow. I feel that the faculty really has the student's and parent's best interest at heart and they strive hard to work with families. I am grateful that we live in this district, my children are thriving.

Talawanda Middle School 1

Posted December 18, 2004

Posted February 23, 2004

Talawanda Middle School 2

Posted February 18, 2004
TMS has many talented and caring teachers. The quality of classroom instruction is generally excellent. There is, however, as serious lack of control and direction being provided by the Principal and Assistant Principal. There is also too much emphasis on athletics at the expense of other activities.

Talawanda Middle School
4030 Oxford Reily Rd, Oxford, OH  45056
Last modified Talawanda Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Talawanda Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.