K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Our Shepherd Lutheran School 5

Posted July 31, 2011
My children attend OSL and have since Kindergarten. I am very proud to be a parent of OSL students. My children have been very happy here having attended the school for the last 7 years. The school has a challenging curriculum balanced by a strong Christian stewardship message giving my children excellent skills for furture growth. I am particularly fond of the music and monthly missionary programs. It is my understading a spanish program will be added in the next year or two along with an expanded sports program. I would reccomend OSL to anybody who wants an exceptional Christian education from a dedicated caring staff. Our new principal has anexcellent vision for OSL and I enjoy the small family environment.

Posted December 23, 2010
Although most of the teachers are excellent, one is not. I have had to pull my child from here because of it. Most tend to look the other way for some reason.

Posted September 11, 2009
My daughter has gone to Our Shepherd for 2 year (K-1). Overall, it is a good school, better than most public options in the area, but is lacking extracurricular activites as most small private schools do. I was not overly impressed with the school overall, but the teachers she has had were wonderful and the tuition is very reasonable. Public school bussing isn't trustworthy to get the children safely to school and back so driving a long distance to Our Shepherd has been a difficult burden and expensive. I didn't feel very welcome at the school as a parent and didn't get that Christian family feeling I was looking for. I found the parents to be more unfriendly than expected. They also barely have any programs for holidays and the ones they do have are not done creatively at all. We have decided to home school this year.

Posted May 01, 2007
This was a very nice school to go to, I was a student there...I had some bullying problems there, and some of the teachers weren't very supportive...I would highly recommend this over public school

Posted January 06, 2005
Our daughter's attended Our Shepherd since kindergarten. Overall, we've had a positive experience with the school. Being small, all the teachers know children making it a warm, friendly, family environment. Our daughter's very comfortable with this and enjoys and looks forward to school. The level of education equals or exceeds public school but isn't exceptionally challenging. Unfortunately, children whose skill levels excel over classmates aren't pushed to test their limits. Our daughter's one of these children although not in all subjects. The nice thing about the school is that children aren't given 'busy' work and 'projects' that a lot of private schools seem to give as homework to impress the parents and justify their high rates of tuition. The biggest downfall of the school is the limited curriculum in languages, music and art. Sports-almost nonexistant-the reason for post-4th grade attrition. extracurricular-forget it! Parental involvement not encouraged -principal's fault. Teachers -exceptional except for one.

Our Shepherd Lutheran School
508 Mentor Avenue, Painesville, OH  44077
Last modified Our Shepherd Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8