No rating

Holy Name High School

Private | 9-12 | 691 students

Living in Parma Heights

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $90,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $720.

Sweep tile

Posted August 22, 2013

I love Holy Name! The teachers are great so are the students! I think we are all close and everyone is just so nice. There's something for everyone there. Our girls soccer team and hockey team are playing very well! Our campus ministry are excellent. Holy Name was the best decision I've ever made!

Posted June 19, 2011

While I attended Holy Name it was apparent that the handful of us from Cleveland with broke families were outcasted. It occurred moreso later on, when my sister and a friends sister were attending. When it got worse, I emailed, politely, the assisstant principal inquiring what was going on with the bullying. His response was condescending to me directly, telling me "people from Cleveland tend to exaggerate things". I lost the little resapect I once maybe had for that school, which revolved heavily around sports and the rich kids.

Posted January 19, 2011

By far best academic high school education available. Other HS are well known as great schools but if you peel away the sports, academically HN is the best quality.

Posted October 20, 2010

Do not listen to anyone who tells you that Holy Name is a bad school. I graduated a few years ago with a 2.9 GPA, and now in college I have a 3.7. The school is like a giant family. Everyone gets along and there is almost no bullying whatsoever. Send your kids to this school, I know I will. ALL HAIL HOLY NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 7, 2009

Because they helped me get through high school while I was experiencing great difficulties.

Posted November 6, 2009

A semester in college has been enough to make me realize I'll never have the opportunity to attend a school with a faculty that values morality and spirituaity as much as the HN staff does. -09

Posted November 6, 2009

Th academics are excellent. The school spirit is quite evident in all aspects. The theater and music is exceptional in professionalism in production. I am proud to have my children at Holy Name.

Posted November 6, 2009

Holy Name High School is a fantastic place. The values learned within it's walls are life-long values. I made the best memories of my life there and met my best friends there. The education is phenominal and I was more than prepared for college. The community is unlike anywhere else. There is a magic to the place.

Posted October 28, 2009

Holy Name is an Excellent School for all young men and young women. They excel in spiritual development, academic opportunities and social/activities for all types of students. I would highly recommend this Coed Catholic Education which is a comprehensive college preparotory school. I am a graduate, my husband is a graduate and our daughter is a sophomore.

Posted October 14, 2009

My son is in his 2nd year at Holy Name. He loves the school very much! The teachers have worked hard to make learning interesting. He has grown so much spiritually. I plan on sending my other two there a well.

Posted April 28, 2009

I have a freshman at Holy Name. He is thriving there. The teachers are great. We are so happy with his personal and spiritual growth.

Posted April 7, 2009

The best part of Holy Name is the tutoring services that my son got in Math and English. Those two teachers in the van are the most caring teachers that my son has had. If it wasn't for that extra help he received, he would not have made it through.

Posted December 8, 2008

I had the best time at Holy Name. I had caring, exciting teachers & great fellow students. It has a Catholic environment & a great focus on becoming good human beings, first and foremost. It really is a family & I received a quality education I still refer to today.

Posted July 12, 2008

holy name high school is a very good school. the tearchers for the mast part are nice and loveing interacting with there students. i love all my friends and its a place you can feel at home. looking back in time i am so happy i picked HN. it was the best thing i could have ever done for myself. i feel holy name is prepairing me for the rest of my life in every way possible.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 23, 2008

I have a daughter that is about to graduate from Holy Name High School and I can honestly say that she loves it there. She feels that it was the best experience of her life so far. She was very involved and took part in a lot of the activities, and I think that makes a huge difference. She truly loved her time at Holy Name and would not have it any other way. She will miss it terribly when she moves on to college, but I think HN has made her the best possible person she can be.

Posted February 9, 2008

Three kids that graduated from Holy Name and all three had a unique but wonderful experiences. Two in college and one out of recently graduated. The school is constantly moving in a positive direction and provides a warm family atmosphere. Provides AP and honors classes but also will work with a struggling student.

Posted January 2, 2008

The building itself is in horrible condtion, its like taking a step back in time. The teachers do not teach the students, they have the memorize thousands of facts just so they can pass the OGT, and it's overwhelming, it was for my daughter and she is now struggling in college, after getting straight A's throughtout grade-school. Holy Name does not prepare students for life after high school, and I will not be sending my other kids to that school

Posted October 18, 2007

The students and administration at this school are A-l. Students come from diverse backgrounds and I have found them to be well-rounded and classy. Administration is always willing to go the extra mile with parents and students. The sports programs, as academics, are constantly improving. This is a class-act school going in a positive direction.

Posted September 14, 2007

The biggest waste of time, i'd have rather sent my son to a public school then waste the money. The students are snobby and impolite. The teachers are arrogant. The athletic programs and after school activities are horrible, do not sned your student to Holy Name.

Posted November 14, 2006

I am currently in 10th grade at HN and today I'm proud to say that a few days ago, the girls soccer team won the Division II state title. Most of the teachers are good, especially Mr. Slanina. I have him for speech and english. He is by far the best teacher in this school
—Submitted by a student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Two or more races 1% N/A
Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (440) 886-1267

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Cleveland

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6000 Queens Hwy