PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Very good school. We are very happy with the academics the school provides and the discipline.

My wife and I have been very pleased with our experience at IWA. We have four children, one of which has already graduated. The schoolwork curriculum is quite rigorous, especially after the third grade. It forces the student to manage their time, especially if they are involved in extracurriculars. We have been extremely pleased with the growth of our children academically and as independent, responsible young individuals. We have formed great friendships with other families who share similar values. We have been very satisfied with our experience at IWA and would highly recommend it to any family who wants their children to be pushed to the best of their abilities.

As an alumni, of Incarnate Word Academy, I feel the school, staff and Sisters prepared me for real life experiences in high school, college and the workplace. I learned the meaning of hard work and the benefits of following through even when things didn't come easily to me. Incarnate Word not only prepared me academically, but also spiritually. This school instilled in me the values I share with my family today. All of these things were not apparent to me as a student at IWA, but looking back, I realize this school left a lasting and ever present place in my life. I am grateful for all those who played a role in helping me become the person I am today.

Excellent preparatory school! I attribute my success in high school and college to my experiences at IWA!

IWA is an amazing school! My husband, his siblings and cousins all graduated from IWA and every one of them was well prepared for high school. They have all become very successful in their respective fields. My husband was adamant that we send our 2 children to IWA. I am so glad that we did! They are both doing incredibly well and are challenged everyday. If you want your child to have that extra advantage in life, send them to IWA!

I am a parent of two children who have graduated from IWA. It is not an easy school. You need to work with your child each evening from Kindergarten on and up. It is not a school for everyone.. especially parents who struggle with working full time and school work. Both of my children attribute their academic success in high school and college due to the work demands of this school. This school pays off in dividends in the years to come. My son graduated from St. Ignatius with over a 4.25 GPA , a high ACT (above 30), and was offered massive scholarships to several colleges. He is attending Medical School in the fall. My daughter is in high school in advanced classes. I did have some bullying issues and it was nipped in the bud within a week. No problem! Would I do it again in a heartbeat!

Bullying is ignored at this school. No matter how many times you approch the Principal or staff the issues are swept under the rug.

Please be conscience of the pretty package that is presented to you. Find out how long the teachers have been teaching. Ask about policies. Learn you and your child's commitments. Just cause it appears great on paper does not mean it is for everyone. Be an educated parent when deciding whether or not to send your child.

I an actual student at IWA. I love it. We are encouraged to preform service. I take the advanced math and am learning high school math. We are a year ahead of all other schools in the area.

This is an incredible school. My daughter is in 5th grade and we couldn't be happier. If you have any doubts as to the credibility of this school, test scores say it all. The kids from this school are among the highest in the state EVERY year. The kids from this school go into H.S 3 steps ahead of other local grade schools. I saw the negative comments below and have only one thing to say. You can't blame everything on a school, learning starts at home.

Last modified Incarnate Word Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8