John Muir Elementary School 1

Posted October 03, 2013
This School is terrible... The only good teacher they had left the school last year. The new principle Mrs Choe is horrible, She has a problem disciplining kids that really need it and are harsh on the ones who are not really doing anything wrong...the teachers never communicate with you on how your child is doing and the behavior chart is ridiculous.. If your child is doing something wrong.. please inform the parent what it is so they can correct it and talk to the child at home about it..Oh and one last rant, The problems at recess are never resolved.. The noon monitors are never paying attention, and the kids that bully other kids never get into trouble. The kids are rushed to eat lunch everyday and they get in trouble for talking at lunch? ( well when are they suppose to talk?! Get it together John Muir... I wouldn't recommend this school to anybody.

John Muir Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2013
This school is terrible. The staff is rude and unhelpful. Im surprised any child learns anything because of there discipline problems. Had many occasions when teachers marked work my child had correct wrong. I would give negative 5 stars if i could. If ur looking for a good school for you child this is not the school for them!

Posted August 19, 2013
So far I love John Muir, they really went above and beyond to helped my daughter last school year... I appreciate that so much!!! She was transfered there in the middle of the school year, they worked with her a lot to get her on task... I was flabbergasted as to how different the curriculum was compared to the chartered school she attended, and I'm super greatful for their help because she ended up doing just fine! :)

John Muir Elementary School 2

Posted February 14, 2011
John Muir has a huge problem with discipline, over the latest 4 years I have seen time and time again some students are come down hard and others get off with a good talking to. The staff does not communicate with parents, and it takes weeks for them to respond to any inquiries. Two years in a row it has been a struggle to get any responses to how my child is doing, behavior and academically; when the teachers do respond say that my son is ADHD, which our family doctor said NO WAY, my son is active is all. This school needs to deal with the real discipline problems and not try to take the easy way out by recommending medication children don't need. Also the PTA is a clique, they want your $5 every year but they do not want your participation; they have made it clear come to our events but you cannot be involved any other way.

John Muir Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
What is there not to love about John Muir? It is the biggest elementary school in Parma Ohio and it is the best! All staff members from office, to teaching, even custodial, have always done everything in their power to put the students best interests first and foremost. The PTA work exhaustively to continually come up with new and exciting fundraisers and events for the students. And everyone involved with the school truly strives to keep a sense of community. One in which all are welcomed and none are left out. I have always admired Mr. Daniels, our principal, for his dedication to and support of our children. He is well loved and highly respected by students staff and parents alike. He is a wonderful principal for a wonderful school.

John Muir Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2008
There are so many problems at John Muir school, that you don't always hear about. First of all, the principal Denver Daniels, may come across as friendly, but he is not efficient at helping the students, he does not care about the children at all. I have seen this time and time again, whenever I brought a crisis to his attention. He does not take my concerns seriously. He has also lied to me, and I do not think that makes a good role model for any child. He showed no compassion for my child who was seriously injured by another student at the school. The class sizes are too big, the teachers are not consistent with their own attendance, and get too many amenities, they are allowed to bring their own children to school in an already crowded classroom. They take off a lot of days.

Posted April 26, 2007
As a student of private schooling all my life, I was nervous about sending my children to a public school. But since the first day I walked into John Muir, I have been welcomed by the administration and staff. Not only are they friendly, but more importantly, genuinely interested in the success and care of the children. I can say with confidence that I am proud that my children attend this school. As a community, the parents, staff, administration and principal of John Muir, are consistently striving to do better and more for our children. Keep up the great work!

Posted March 20, 2007
My children have attended John Muir Elementary School for the past 8 years. I have never been dissatisfied with the school or staff. John Muir provides an excellent learning environment and a high quality of education along with a very safe and secure building. As a very protective parent I have never had a problem with leaving my children at this school. I feel very welcome by the teaching an administrative staff at this school and know if a problem ever arises that it will receive immediate attention and a positive solution. As parents we need to be reminded that if we do not support our school levies that in the end it is our children that suffer the consequences. Keep up the good work John Muir!

- a former student

John Muir Elementary School
5531 West 24th St, Parma, OH  44134
Last modified John Muir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Muir Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.