Posted March 15, 2013
We love this school so much that we travel 30 minutes out of our way everyday! The class sizes rival the most exclusive private schools and the tuition rates are obscenely low. I love the combination of "old-school" tradition and current innovation. My daughter loves the real feeling of being part of a warm community. Great school!

Posted March 03, 2013
My son currently attends this school and the faculty are wonderful!!! Tuition is reasonable and they receive a private, catholic education. I highly recommend this school for anyone in the Cleveland/Parma area looking for an amazing school for their child/children.

Posted February 20, 2013
I absolutely LOVE this school. The teachers and staff are AWESOME! The atmosphere feels like a family here. The older kids know and look after the younger kids. The teachers and staff really know the kids and families. That is hard to find with the other schools in the area. SFDS is a smaller school with much more personal attention than at the other schools with 2 classes of each grade with 30 or more kids in each class. There tuition is also the cheapest in Parma. My daughter has learned so much in the time she has been there. We hope that they will be around for years to come.

Posted February 18, 2013
I have been a parent at St. Francis De Sales school since 1998. Over the years, I have learned that the school parish family is as good as you put into it. Every school has its pros and cons. One thing that has remained constant is all of my children have had the opportunity to learn in a safe and nurturing environment. Did I agree with every decision or policy- no. Do I feel that they received a good quality religious education- yes. No place is perfect. Could there be improvements- of course. The new principal and pastor have made great improvements in the short time they have been in place. I am just afraid that they came a little too late. They do listen and act on all concerns that I have. I am going to stick it out here. I think there is a lot of greatness at St. Francis and hopefully the school will be around for other children to benefit from what they have to offer. The bottom line for me is that I felt confident that my children were taken care of mentally, physically and spiritually. They all will have a strong foundation that they received at St. Francis. This foundation is solid and will affect their entire future.

St. Francis DeSales School 2

Posted August 14, 2012
I have 4 children and have had my kids in Catholic Schools for 23 years. After a move we joined the parish and enrolled 2 children at this school. I really have to say that the Jr High teachers are some of the poorest quality I have ever dealt with. After 2 years of talking to the principle and pastor we made the decision to leave. Do yourself a favor and visit other schools in the area. Your child's future is too important.

Posted March 28, 2012
I have been involved with this school for 8 years so far. I love the school community from the new prinicpal, librarian, the school secretary, to the new pastor and ALL the teachers. It is a wonderful, safe, spiritual home for my children to attend school. I believe a school experience depends on what the family puts into it also, not just expecting to receive. This school has open arms for family involvement. The best testament is the graduates who return frequently after graduation to the school and chrich functions just to visit and the kind words they have .

St. Francis DeSales School 1

Posted June 04, 2011
I am so glad we left here. My child is doing so much better at a different private school. First year my child was there it was great because of the support of the teacher. But then the teacher left along with another teacher. It's just poor quality compared to other private schools. The teacher despite the fact she said she would help, never did. The school does play favorites. I too left the school with many other parents. Be aware as well as there has been talks of the school closing. I never saw a less involvement from a pastor and a principal. I wonder if the principal ever leaves her chair. She is also rude. I went to private school and there was always the nuns, principal and priest available. Not here. It's sad too because you expected so much and got so little in return. They are a bad representation of Catholic Schools.

Posted September 15, 2010
My duaghters just started there this year and they love it. My daughter was struggling in the public schools and didn't like going there. She now loves to go to school everyday. The small class sizes are great and the teachers are absolutely wonderful.

Posted September 09, 2010
This school offers an excellent education. The small class sizes do matter, and they do NOT single out students, the teachers help students learn and grow. My daughter was struggling with reading, and her first and second grade teachers would spend extra time with her and she is now reading above grade level! It is a nurturing environment. The programs are challenging, and students have homework every night (it is important for reinforcement of lessons); even kindergartners get a little homework! I had a question about my child's work, and the teacher called me that evening to clarify! The school is running on the state supsidized lunch program, and it follows the requirements mandated by the state for nutriton. Who doesn't remember cleaniing desks in Catholic school? Supplies are expensive no matter if you are in public or private. Lastly, there are many clubs and activities for kids to get involved

St. Francis DeSales School 1

Posted May 29, 2010
HORRIBLE Principal and Pastor! School is unorganized and lack in opportunities. Lunches are disgusting and don't have any state requirements. Small classes do not mean better. Many children are singled out and no additional help is given. No above and beyond help is given by this school. Like myself and many other families are leaving because of the poor leadership and horrible handling of issues by parents. You become just a number with money and expected of so much. Barely can afford supplies. They have children clean instead of the teachers and staff. No real school experience and although I expected a real Catholic Education, there was no sense of family and respect of anyone. No feeling of a God presence. The pastor is just so mean as well. Many are leaving with a breath of relief to not deal with this school any longer. Many would not recommend including myself.

St. Francis DeSales School
3421 Snow Road, Parma, OH  44134
Last modified St. Francis DeSales School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Francis DeSales School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.