K-6|Private

Bad
Good

My son yas been there since here was 1 years old. Now he's almisr 8 & going to the second grade. Every teacher knows him which us great. My own church supports his education inbthis school not only for its faith & the teachings of it but how well rounded he's become. I thanj God everyday for this wonder blessing.

My daughter went to daycare here and my son went to Kindergarten here. The staff was friendly and sweet. My son's teacher was such a wonderful person. We did have one bad experience here with one of the lunch ladies who chewed out my son a Kindergartener because he didn't know the rules of sitting with a 1st grader during lunch in the cafeteria. She made him stand facing the wall during his whole lunch period. My son has hypoglycemia, and when he doesn't eat, his blood sugar drops, he gets dizzy and have some serious problems. So needless to say, she handled it incorrectly and the school staff did not take my complaint very seriously. My son was so traumatized by the experience that he didn't want to go back to school!!! Not good! Nothing was done to address this, we just had to move forward and march on, with no repercussions to the lunch lady.

My son is in his 3rd year at Bethany Christian. The principal needs to retire, but other than that, the teachers and staff are great.

We absolutely love everything about our son attending Bethany!

i love bethany! my daughter is doing fantastic! she is exelling in all her classes and is far ahead of all her friends that go to public schools. i feel that the only children who do not do well are the ones who have behavioral problems. i know that that is not the only reason but seems to be the biggest one. as for the after school program, they have some younger people running it now and they don't yell like the lady last year. she just seemed to be crabby and i don't care what school you go to there is always one sour apple!!! but we love the christian values and disipline.

Bethany is a small school that has very little parental involvement. The curriculum is set at state standards. Students in 1-6 are required to take standardized tests each spring. Most classes score on average above grade level. They do not offer much help for special needs students other than speech and remedial help in math and reading. The afterschool program does offer pay to participate activities, but enrollment is often so low that these are often cancelled. As far as the children not being allowed to make noise afterschool is a joke. The children are expected to be quiet when they enter the afterschool program so that they can hear announcements, but are then made to keep the volume reasonable for safety reasons.

Do not send your children to bethany! i transferred my child to public school, and he was far behind. The curriculum is far below standards. The afterschool program is a joke. The people that you trust your children to continually yell at thm and they are not allowed to make any noise after school. My child has repedtly told me that he is happier in public school. Do not send your children to bethany.

My children were born premature. This school has not only addressed their educational issues but also helped them develope an outstanding personality that I believe they would not have found anywhere else. Pastor T. Strange & Principal A. Lindsey not only provided a safe & structured education, they gave them the opportunity to learn and grow within their selves. Thank you to everyone at Bethany Christian School.

I was not happy at the fact they do not offer help for a student that is struggling. I asked over and over again to help my child. I feel that this school is behind other schools.

Last modified Bethany Christian Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-6