Orange High School 5

Posted April 04, 2014
Orange High School is a wonderful School. My kids are constantly challenged and encourage to pursue their dreams. The Teachers are very well trained and are very supportive. I am delighted with our choice for this School!.

Orange High School 2

Posted October 09, 2011
terrible school...the kids are very pressured to meet unrealistic standards, and if you are not an ap student, you are not considered smart by any means. Awful teachers - unenthusiastic and mean to students. There are plenty of academic programs, yes,but the music program is completely mind blowing at how terrible it is. the band director is nowhere near up to par, and neither is the orchestra teacher. The kids drink and smoke and it is NOT the environment I want for my child. We are withdrawing from this school ASAP.

Posted January 26, 2010
Our son attended Orange for 3 years and they were, with the exception of the English teachers, a nightmare. Administration were inattentive to student concerns and faculty (except those terrific English teachers) were straight out of the 1950s - dogmatic and non-creative.

Posted November 06, 2007
Orange schools are much better than many other local schools in the area, but they lack alot. Also the school is very good with AP and honors courses, but [I feel] if you take cp classes you education is very average and not up to the rest of the standards at the school. The school as a lot of money and alot of extracirruculars which is a plus.

Orange High School 3

Posted September 22, 2007
Orange High School has many extracurricular activities. Insensitive to diversity.

Orange High School 4

Posted June 01, 2006
- a former student
orange high school has a quality academic program and offers many extracurricular activities including music, arts, sports. i highly recommend this public school.

Orange High School 5

Posted February 23, 2005
- a former student
High Quality Education. Teachers are wonderful. Students are nice kids. Lots of opportunities for student involvement. I love this school.

Orange High School 4

Posted June 07, 2004
It is amazing that a school like Orange known for its academic excellence is very insensitive to diversity. Unless they work hard to change it the school will be doing a great injustice to students who graduate from there in preparing for the real world experience. Hopefully the new president will focus on this. If I could feel this insensitivity as a parent wlakin gthrough the school I cannot imagine what my child went through foo 3 years at this school. I think it could be a model school for the nation if the administrators work hard to correct this.

Orange High School 3

Posted April 14, 2004
Emphasis seems to be on Honors & AP courses. The distinction between College Prep & advanced courses is how much the student has to be taught by the teacher vs. learning independently. This school system works hard to keep students out of qualifying for special services (504 plans & IEPs.

Posted December 13, 2003
- a former student
OHS prepared me extremely well for college. I would chose Orange for my kids over any of the local private schools.

Orange High School
32000 Chagrin Blvd, Pepper Pike, OH  44124
Last modified Orange High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orange High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.