Posted April 26, 2013
It amazes me that some parents bad mouth the school. Could it be that there children (who are on behavioral plans) are the problem and like so many parents today blaming the teachers and not the students? Perry school systems are unbelivably the best schools I have ever encountered. I have 3 kids in the school and have friends with mutliple kids in the schools and neither myself or my friends were born and raised in Perry. I even attended a private school and the level of attention that these teachers give to each student is awe inspiring. I am not relegated to secondary classes or activities because I am not from Perry and my kids are well adjusted and testing well above the average for Ohio. It comes down to the fact that some people will bad mouth any institution that dares to point out flaws in themeselves or their kids. You cannot go wrong with Perry. Best school I have every seen.

Perry Intermediate School 1

Posted March 01, 2013
also... My daughters are on a 504 plan and my oldest daughter's 504 plan is NOT followed... she is supposed to get reminders and she is not... These teachers in the 4th grade are just there for a paycheck nothing more nothing less! I don't understand how people can say this is a good school! These teachers are NOT educated enough in the learning disabilities (ADHD in specific!) The teachers expect the students to sit there shut up do their work and get thru the day with no issues.... I get emails about things my daughter does in school that she isn't supposed to, like not doing her work... I thought the teachers are the ones that are supposed to get the student's to do their work not the parents... we are responsible for homework... very frustrated!

Perry Intermediate School 2

Posted February 14, 2013
In my opinion: the previous poster had it absolutely correct...this WAS a good school. My kids have had Spanish for years and can't say ONE sentence; it's like filler time for the teachers. There are a FEW good teachers here but some are downright lazy, bitter, and to be honest, mean. Certain kids from certain families get those great teachers and you can see it at assembly time: certain kids all in one class, year after year, the "other" children in another class, the teachers kid's getting prime parts in shows. Extra-curriculars are a joke; the drama productions barely get done (they were almost cancelled), and very little is learned in music (don't even bother with Chorus). The administration is weak on all levels. If you are not in the PTO clique of moms who grew up togther here you won't even receive the letters for parties coming up, much less have any opportunities to help, donate, or attend. There is NO communication, like the previous poster said, not even interim reports or graded work handed back regularly. We've been here for many years and I still don't feel like we, or our kids, fit in here, and by now I don't think we ever will. Just my opinions.

Perry Intermediate School 3

Posted September 27, 2012
Perry has had a good reputation for a long time, but reality has to be catching up with them. The leadership, overall in the district, and at the elementary school, is weak. The school could do a better job of creating and communicating with the school community. The teachers get an hour of prep time everyday as well as a generous lunch period, yet they still refuse to spend a few minutes supervising their own students in the lunch line. The principal has not been able to make them do this. Very little graded work is sent home. I only hope that homework is at least recycled, because I've only experienced one teacher who checks and returns it. Interim updates are not given. Work rarely comes home from Spanish class. "Immersion" seems to be the teaching method for Spanish, but it doesn't seem to be working. It is not a bad school, but not great. The administration and school board need to be more aware, involved, inspiring and demanding of greatness.

Posted February 17, 2010

Perry Intermediate School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Perry Elementary is the best school in our area. This school takes time with each individual child to teach and help them grow. Perry Elementary's staff helps the children not only academically, also to grow as good citizens of our community. Their school moto is 'Bully Free' and they take it very seriously.My daughter has had computer classes since kindergarten. She has been taking spanish classes for two years. She is only in the fourth grade. The teachers and staff take the time to talk to each parent about the childs progress in each classes.

Posted September 16, 2009
My grandaughter has gone to this school since kindergarten; and she is now in fourth grade. The teachers there are great...

Posted April 18, 2008

Perry Intermediate School 2

Posted January 16, 2008

Posted April 27, 2004
I would like to say that my child came from a not so good school and was not doing very well...perry schools have put everything they possibly could in to him ...he is learning do much more and is enjoying it...the teacher came in two days a week early just for him...that is wonderful and I thank them!

Perry Intermediate School
1 Learning Ln, Perry, OH  44081
Last modified Perry Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Perry Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.