Piqua, OH
Students enrolled: 1,232

Posted September 22, 2014
I graduated from PHS in 2013. Students that need help can go get help on Tuesdays and Thursdays where snacks are offered along with student and teacher tutors. Both the high school and junior high offer a wide range of classes, high school students can participate in Post-Secondary and take classes at Edison. The school also has classes affiliated with Ohio Northern, I took both History classes, and the teacher is amazing. High schoolers have the choice of going to the Upper Valley Career Center too, I took Teacher Academy there my Senior year. The district is building three new schools, that will be ready in the next couple of years. Hands down, I wouldn't choose any other school if I had to repeat high school.

Posted September 22, 2014
I graduated from Piqua High School in May of 2013. I went in to high school having no self-confidence. Through my experiences at Piqua High School I have gained that self-confidence that is crucial to success. I look back on the great education I received from several great teachers. These teachers are the people that have laid the foundation for my present and future accomplishments. I am now a student at Bowling Green State University majoring in Political Science, and a member of the Honors College. After I graduate from Bowling Green I hope to get a Masters of Public Administration and hope to go into city management. This type of field requires quite a bit of self-confidence because people want a confident leader. I have to thank Piqua City Schools for helping me reach a high level of self-confidence, and for propelling me into the successes I am receiving at Bowling Green State University.

Posted August 28, 2014
Piqua City Schools, are really doing well. They are going through the process of building all new K-6 School building as well as BOE. The Jr High and High School are fairly new and well maintained. 90% of the staff and teachers I've met are truly genuine and care about the kids education. Very Proud to say WE ARE - PIQUA...

Piqua High School 1

Posted April 27, 2014
Piqua high school is a school I do not recommend. There is a lot of liars, drug users, and bullying against autistic children. I transferred from quite a few schools and Piqua is the worst and has the nastiest kids involved in it. The teachers favor the kids who are in extra-curricular activities. There is alot of drama and cussing between the students and staff. I am very ashamed to say I go to piqua and have no choice to move. Keep your children out of this district, and do them a favor.

Posted April 09, 2014
I graduated from Piqua High School In May 2013. After reading some reviews I asked myself, 'are they talking about the school I went to?' Sadly most parents think the school is declining in every aspect. In reality it's not. I absolutely LOVED my 3 years at PHS (spent one year at UVJVS) I was challenged academically but I also enjoyed going to school. I never witnessed someone being bullied. Most students interact with people who aren't in the same social group. If people think Piqua is worse than Troy, Sidney, Covington, etc. then they need to open up their eyes. Yes, Piqua has some edges that need smoothed out but every school does. It's not just Piqua. By the way- I gave PHS 4/5 stars because the cafeteria food sucks. Haha.

Posted December 20, 2012
PHS is a great place which offers many experiences for students. Our son is involved in many activities which are not offered at other local high schools. Through dual enrollment students can even take Ohio Northern University courses tuition free because the district pays for it!

Piqua High School 1

Posted August 18, 2012
This school is going downhill fast. I have had more than one child come through this school, and frankly, it is not what it used to be. Administration runs this school like a prison - students are guilty until proven innocent, and they often talk to the kids in a demeaning way - some of the teachers do this too. Aren't they supposed to be the examples and models of respect for these kids? Programs cater to the very high or to the very low, there is little for the student who is a B-C student, all they care about are the very intelligent students and graduation rates. If they get a really great teacher, that teacher doesn't stick around too long. Ditto on the counselors, last year my child's counselor was the best counselor my child ever had, and now we find out this counselor has been replaced. I am seriously thinking about sending my child to Troy or ECOT this coming year. If things continue the way they have been at this school, we will.

Posted December 08, 2009

Posted August 25, 2009
i just recently enrolled in piqua high school, ive been there for two days and already love it:D ..theres always someone you can stand beside to make the day go a little faster and the teachers are awesome!! if you read this mom..i broke your vase...sorry..

Piqua High School 2

Posted August 20, 2009

Piqua High School
1 Indian Trl, Piqua, OH  45356
Last modified Piqua High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Piqua High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top