Poland, OH

Posted March 04, 2015
I was a former student. I moved to the area later on so I wasn't involved or aware of any of the politics that comes along with schools like "who makes the cheerleading squad and who starts on a sporting team." All I can say is I absolutely loved it at PSHS. The relationship I had with my teachers was beyond what I could have imagined. They never talked down to me or treated my like I was a child and I have so much respect for how much each and every one of them cared about being helpful and approachable. I feel that I could contact them now and reach out and and one of them would be more than happy to help. The students (minus a few evil ones of course) were so respectful and kind to one another. I feel like there was a certain amount of respect (for the most part) of one another even if they weren't in your group of friends. I was very content here and I'm glad I at least got to finish my high school career positivly at PSHS!

Poland Seminary High School 4

Posted October 21, 2008
I graduated from PSHS last year and overall it was a good experience. The school is very, very safe. There are a lot of students with money, but there is a group for everyone to fit in with. One thing I didn't like was the lack of extracurricular classes. There isn't a wide variety of them and most students have a few study hall periods. The band program is excellent and the best in the area. About 1/3 of the student body is in the band and it is an excellent experience.

Posted August 28, 2008
I have really watched my child flourish here. There is a lot of opportunity to be involved. The teachers give the students responsibility for themselves; don't treat them like children. I speak for the honors teachers. They challenge the students and encourage them to be individuals. The band program is exceptional because of the directors, students and parents. It is truly a joint effort and it shows. As for the other extra curricular activities... there are so many opportunities to be involved. The kids really support one another. When attending a game, concert or play, you'll find the non-participating students there supporting, watching and cheering on their classmates. If they win or lose a game, they join together at the end to share the win or loss and sing their alma mater. It is very touching and very encouraging. We wouldn't consider moving away.

Posted June 09, 2008
Poland isnt all it is made-out to be. I am switching this year to a catholic school because it doesn't care about the students. Poland cares about money.

Posted May 27, 2008
Don't believe the hype this school cares more about appearance than education. The teachers do not care about teaching a paycheck is more important. My child came from a catholic school background and what a shocker. The value system is non existent and is accepted. This school is run by politics and good old boy mentality. I love the elementary schools up to 4th grade after that they go down hill. The cover ups are numerous just read 2008 vindicator and when you do bring a serious problem up they play it down. They are into protecting the school and their teachers. Do not ever think Poland Seminary school is out to help you. They did teach us one thing they can't be trusted.

Posted March 23, 2008
Coming from a Catholic school background, i wasn't sure what to expect of a public school. Poland schools are everything their reputation says they are and more. Kids flourish here, whether their interest is in the arts, music, or sports. A true community environment.

Posted December 12, 2007
This is a great school I go there right now and I love it. Great technology and football program.

Poland Seminary High School 1

Posted September 16, 2007
This school is awful, half the teachers cannot even teach. Poland doesn't care how good the students do they just want to look good. I dread going there every day, it's almost torture.

Poland Seminary High School 2

Posted August 22, 2007
This school did no such thing to prepare me fully for college. It lacked the preparatory skills, was not well-rounded, and resorted more to small-town politics than education.

Poland Seminary High School 4

Posted May 01, 2006
There is a great deal of parental involvement in this school. It's very important to have parents who really care about their children, that's what benefits a school system. This school has a great band program, and as a matter of fact, most of the student body is in the band. I'd say they have an average number of extracurricular activities, but I think that if a student wanted to start an after school program that is not already in place, the student would receive quite a bit of support from the teachers and administration.

3199 Dobbins Rd, Poland, OH  44514
Last modified Poland Seminary High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poland Seminary High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top