Powell, OH

Posted June 15, 2015
It's hard to go wrong with an Olentangy Local School, but I truly feel we hit the elementary school jackpot with Wyandot Run Elementary. My oldest son just finished 5th grade and my youngest will be starting kindergarten after attending the fantastic preschool program at Wyandot this year. The Principal is outstanding, the office staff is warm and friendly and the teachers are highly skilled and dedicated. The music, art and physical education programs at this school are great. My son learned to play the piano, recorder and guitar in regular music class! There is even a 4th grade strings and 5th grade band option available. The PTO and parents are very involved and raise a lot of money for the school, which enables the school to offer enrichment opportunities to the kids such as author visits and COSI on Wheels. The PTO also helps offset field trip costs and provides an inflatable day near the end of the school year for the kids. My oldest son has been incredibly successful at this school despite a rough start in a private preschool (teachers calling me often about his "high energy"). I can't recommend Wyandot Run enough!

Posted November 01, 2013
Wyandot Run Elementary is a Great School. My kid is 4th year in this school. Awesome committed staff. She is getting very good academically. The whole school culture is very friendly,the principals (we had 3 in 4 years), the office staff every one knows who you are and it's a family environment. I don't want to miss any school events. A very close community. Of course the PTA is very active.

Posted November 11, 2011
This school is wonderful. my 5 year old attends this school and he seems to be receving a great education thus far. I love our sub division and the school district. Great place to live and raise children. I plan to have my youngest son go there as well. Keep up the great work!

Wyandot Run Elementary School 1

Posted October 02, 2008
My son attended this school last year and this year. He is in first grade this year. The music program is excellent. The problem is the school is academically behind. I have found the teachers have their favorite parents and ignore everyone else. The school will not handle gifted students. The school just gives gifted students busy work. The assistant principal and guidance counselor changed this year. The school seems to be chaotic this year.

Wyandot Run Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2007
The current principals are outstanding. The teachers are wonderful. They work very hard with all students. A large portion of the students and parents, however, are horrible and there is bullying and belittling that has not been controlled since the first day they opened. Not sure what the answers are, but the problems really need to be addressed. There are many wonderful families in Olentangy Schools, but they apparently aren't typical at WRE.

Wyandot Run Elementary School 1

Posted August 04, 2007
My son attended this school last year and it is clearly behind academically. Playground equipment in dire need of updating. Lack of communication in general. Parents aren't involved at a high level due to the shuffling of kids from school to school. Overall a poor performing school.

Posted April 14, 2006
We've been parents of children who've attended Wyandot Run since 1994. My youngest attended first and second grades there, attends another building this year due to our moving, and will return to Wyandot Run next year ('06-'07) due to redistricting. We are thrilled because we know from experience that Wyandot Run is there for the kids, first and foremost. Our children have had very positive and encouraging teachers through the years and, in my experience, the administrators are easily accessible and always proactive and willing to help parents do what's best for their children. As a teacher, this is the kind of building climate I know is necessary for success. This is an outstanding school in an outstanding community in which to live.

Posted February 23, 2004
Wyandot Run is the oldest elementary school in the district at 10 years (yes, ten) old and is a model to the others in quality education. The music department is top notch teaching strings in 4th grade! The math and reading programs are exceptional. Computer labs are phenominal. We compared private schools and this school rates way above the others and the social environment is very positive because the parents care.

Wyandot Run Elementary School
2800 Carriage Rd, Powell, OH  43065
Last modified Wyandot Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wyandot Run Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top