Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Scioto Ridge Elementary School
Grateful to: Student

Posted October 26, 2015
The only person I would thank at this school is daughter - for braving it out at this horrible school

Posted October 26, 2015
I had to fight for my daughter to get the extra help she needed The principal, vice principal, counselor and my daughters 1st grade teacher were completely rude, unhelpful and unprofessional. Hated it! My kids hated it too.

Posted March 19, 2015
One of the teachers here was absolutely instrumental in helping my daughter, who really needed an IEP, to get on the right track. The rest of them, that I encountered, at least, including the principal, vice principal, and counselor were absolutely deplorable.

Posted August 06, 2012
I have been impressed with my son's education at SRES. He has had extremely dedicated teachers and has made incredible progress since he started kindergarten. I think the facilities are more than adequate for a public school; both outdoor and indoor spaces are well-maintained. I, too, would welcome an early-start foreign language program. That would be great! I am surpised by the comment stating that PA schools are superior. As a graduate of PA public education (K-12), I can say (at least in my opinion) that the education my son is receiving is far superior to the one I received. (I also question the superior value of PA education, given the commenter's use of "principles" vs. "principals" and the possessive form of "party" vs. the plural.)

Posted May 28, 2012
We are really disappointed with Olentangy schools, in particular the principles and teachers are quite focused on everything but education. Leader in me is a great example - you'll get 30 pages and emails about it sent home, but good luck getting a printed report card . PTO wants money for party's they can't even have. Finally, if they ever knew how to discipline students it would be a miracle ! Everyone exaggarates and picks favorites. Most of all they can't teach to multiple student level in the same class. If you invest in programs like sylvan learning it's a waste as the teachers can't adapt the material to challenge your child they let him "hang out" and give him a good grade. I think the most embarrassing is that the gym teacher makes $107K a year and teaches 1 class. The superintendent gets a car and cell phone allowance of $950/month, and 3 weeks ago I was in Starbucks on Powell road listening to 2 teachers tell the Barista and everyone else in line how they were "done for the year"! No more home work or grading papers! They get too much time off as it is, and the US is too far behind others to waste 3 weeks. PA schools are much better and cost less!

Posted February 20, 2008
Scioto Ridge is outstanding. Great teachers and staff. Definitely teaching what is right to our children.

Posted August 25, 2006
I think Scioto Ridge does an excellent job academically. The teachers are incredibly dedicated. I would like to see an upgrade to some of the facilities, however. The elementary schools in Olentangy seem kind of cookie cutter and 'bare bones' to me, but this is probably one of the best elementary schools in the greater Columbus area. Additionally, I wish we could have a foreign language program that begins in kindergarten.

Posted August 10, 2006
The acedemic programs are excellent. The staff are very attentive to even minor issues with the students. I've received staff calls regarding my childs 'positive behavior' on my cell phone. Top notch.

Scioto Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted May 30, 2006
The accdemic program is strong The art program is wonderful Parents are involved in school

Posted April 18, 2006
Scioto Ridge is a wonderful school. We have spent three years in this school, and we have had nothing but wonderful teachers. The one thing to worry about is redistricting. It happens a lot. We will be moved next year.

Scioto Ridge Elementary School
8715 Big Bear Ave, Powell, OH  43065
Last modified Scioto Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.