Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I had to fight for my daughter to get the extra help she needed The principal, vice principal, counselor and my daughters 1st grade teacher were completely rude, unhelpful and unprofessional. Hated it! My kids hated it too.

One of the teachers here was absolutely instrumental in helping my daughter, who really needed an IEP, to get on the right track. The rest of them, that I encountered, at least, including the principal, vice principal, and counselor were absolutely deplorable.

I have been impressed with my son's education at SRES. He has had extremely dedicated teachers and has made incredible progress since he started kindergarten. I think the facilities are more than adequate for a public school; both outdoor and indoor spaces are well-maintained. I, too, would welcome an early-start foreign language program. That would be great! I am surpised by the comment stating that PA schools are superior. As a graduate of PA public education (K-12), I can say (at least in my opinion) that the education my son is receiving is far superior to the one I received. (I also question the superior value of PA education, given the commenter's use of "principles" vs. "principals" and the possessive form of "party" vs. the plural.)

We are really disappointed with Olentangy schools, in particular the principles and teachers are quite focused on everything but education. Leader in me is a great example - you'll get 30 pages and emails about it sent home, but good luck getting a printed report card . PTO wants money for party's they can't even have. Finally, if they ever knew how to discipline students it would be a miracle ! Everyone exaggarates and picks favorites. Most of all they can't teach to multiple student level in the same class. If you invest in programs like sylvan learning it's a waste as the teachers can't adapt the material to challenge your child they let him "hang out" and give him a good grade. I think the most embarrassing is that the gym teacher makes $107K a year and teaches 1 class. The superintendent gets a car and cell phone allowance of $950/month, and 3 weeks ago I was in Starbucks on Powell road listening to 2 teachers tell the Barista and everyone else in line how they were "done for the year"! No more home work or grading papers! They get too much time off as it is, and the US is too far behind others to waste 3 weeks. PA schools are much better and cost less!

Scioto Ridge is outstanding. Great teachers and staff. Definitely teaching what is right to our children.

Last modified Scioto Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.