Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Albert Chapman Elementary School 2

Posted February 22, 2016
The principal does not listen to the parents concerns and is not willing to work with them.He makes decisions which work best for him and his staff and not in the best interest of students.My children were there for two years.My son had a bad experience with one of the teachers in first grade and when my daughter was placed in that teachers home room for 1 st grade i asked the principal to change her class. He however chose to ignore my concerns and as a result my daughter's academic progress suffered.She did not get the help she needed. The teacher did not contact me after the first parents teacher conference as she new i was annoyed.If my child was not making the progress that she was supposed to or was behind in class it was the responsibility of the class teacher and esl teacher to notify me and hold a face to face conference to make sure they were giving Anaya the help that she needed. Instead of acting in the best interest of anaya they ignored her. Thank god my children are not at that school anymore as the principal is more concerned about himself and his staff than he is about the children.However there were some amazing teachers there who made a huge impact on my children and i will be forever grateful too. But the principal does not know how to resolve issues with parents and acts in his own best interests.

Albert Chapman Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 22, 2016
janet jacobs,Jenny andrews taylor and kayleigh mischallow , jennifer(guidance counsellor).they all had such a positive impact on my children.

Posted January 21, 2014
My daughter loves Chapman Elementary and so do I. She started in the preschool program at age 4 and is now a third grader. Our family lived in another state for her second-grade year. When we moved back, I knew it had to be to the Chapman school district. Every teacher my daughter has had is wonderful, caring, and responsive. I admire the principal's leadership. The PTO is very active in the school. It is a fantastic school and I'm so happy my daughter, and soon her two younger brothers, attend this amazing public school.

Posted March 10, 2012
Awesome school!!! I used to live in front of this school and my sons went to this school. There is no school like Chapman. This principal is very nice and wise. Teachers are all ready for students like they are parents.

Posted May 05, 2010
I absolutely love Chapman. We were new to the district this year and but my children felt like they have been a part of the school since kindergarten. The staff and students have been warm and helpful. The learning environment is charged with valuable lessons and fun activities that prepare the students for the next grade level.

Albert Chapman Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2010
Lack of response of teachers, bullying kids, not alot of student activities outside of school. When a parent asks questions or expects problems to be dealt with, you get a whole lot of heart ache and attitude!

Albert Chapman Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2009
First, 3rd & 5th grades are the most challenging years with the best teachers. Second and 4th were disappointing on an academic level. In 5th grade, it did seem that the teachers were rushing to cover information in time for OAT testing. There is strong parent involvement and the PTO activities are well done. Overall, a good experience. We're hoping for a great experience next year at Davis Middle School.

Posted January 31, 2007
Chapman is a great school. There is a ton of parent involvement!There are great teachers. They really care about the kids and are willing to go out of their way to teach our kids at their level.

Albert Chapman Elementary School
8450 Sawmill Rd, Powell, OH  43065
Last modified Albert Chapman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.