Village Academy Kindergarten E 2

Posted May 13, 2014
I have experienced many issues with the school from a student's point of view. I understand you may like a parent's view, but I would really suggest you read this. I liked this school when I started and I enjoyed the small school idea. Now, I absolutely despise a "small school". I know I have no power on how the run this school, but there is : communication problems, teacher problems, and plain out rudeness. I also realize that this school is truly based on the fine arts. I do NOT recommend this school if your looking for a STEM based school or math/technology curriculum. I know not every school or group of teachers are perfect, but the teachers here are, well, bad. Every teacher has a major problem, ranging from STRONG favoritism teachers to a "pointless work" teachers. The whole school consists of favoritism teachers and busy work teachers pretty much. Because this school is so tight knit, there are many child-parent/teacher relationships. I see parents that have kids in their classes and they favorite them very strongly. For the "pointless work" teachers, there are many. Many teachers give the class assignments to fill up time and this does not help me learn anything. -opinion

Posted September 07, 2013
My son loves his classes and teachers at Village. He is advanced for his age and the offer the freedom to tweak the curriculum to keep pace with his abilities.

Posted October 14, 2011
I have been going to this school for almost 9 years now. I've had my ups and downs at this school but no school is ever perfect. Over all I've absolutely loved my experience at Village and I would never want to go anywhere else. The teachers are amazing, the students overall are extremely nice and welcoming. There are some rude students but where will you find a school with perfect students. I've been very happy with the education and I'm sure that it will benefit me in college and for the rest of my life.

Posted October 14, 2011
Excellent, caring teachers! I've loved all the teachers my three students have had over the past 10 years they have been at this school. Very tight-knit community and wonderful for my children.

Posted April 27, 2011
From a student's perspective, this school has a lot to offer. The three academic tracks (general college prep, math/science, fine arts) allow a flexible curriculum tailored to the student's interest. The teachers are devoted and truly care about the students. I often see teachers stayed till eight or nine at night so they can attend the sporting events to support their students. I will be graduating in a month, and Village has made the college application process a breeze. Great college counselor! There can be an adverse relationship with the administration at times, but never beyond an unacceptable point. I am grateful for my education at Village.

Posted April 13, 2011
My son, currently a junior, has been a student at Village academy since kindergarten. He not only has had an outstanding academic experience, but has been able to participate in activities and classes he never would have experienced in a public school setting. The teachers are caring, nurturing, and work individually with the students way beyond the "call of duty". I have never known of a drugs in the school or a pregnancy in the 12 years we have been there, and the students are extremely respectful. The administrators and teachers are always available for conversations or assistance. when my son was ill, his math teacher skyped him every day to give him a private class! We would not consider any other venue for our child and some of the negative reviews on this website should probably be discounted as "sour grapes". Talk to the parents who have children there currently for an accurate review of this outstanding school.

Village Academy Kindergarten E 1

Posted April 10, 2011
this is from a childs standpoint at the school.. unlike what the parents say this school is the worst. all the kids are snobby and the other day some kid kept saying "i dont want to know you cause your not cool enough" and she was only in third grade. and just in my class people hurt eachothers feeling alot that the parents and teacher JUST DONT SEE!!!! like this boy said you dont mean anything to anybody to one of my friends . and friendships are horroble... kids always judge people on what there wearing or say and the forieghn languages are just to hard for elementry. i mean come on a 5th grader has been learning NOTHING in spanish for the last 3 years and then suddenly in 5th grade they are hit with having to translate sentences the spanish teacher cussed and the subs are mean just dont come to this school unless youwant your child to have a terrible expieriance!

Posted April 08, 2011
My wife and I could not be happier with Village Academy. Our oldest child is in third grade, and we also have one in Pre-K. We have been particularly impressed by the quality of the curriculum and the School's commitment to keeping the class sizes small. They begin teaching Spanish and Chinese to kids in Pre-K, and the kids are exposed to a variety of offerings in the Performing & Fine Arts. Moreover, my third grader is in a 4th grade math class? We have never had an issue communicating with teachers. I realize that the School may not be the best fit for everyone, but I find some of the previous claims on this site hard to believe. I cannot wait for the new Pre-K building to be built on the "main" campus. It will be so much more convenient for our family (and many others) that have multiple kids. As far as we are concerned, you will not find a better value in the greater Columbus area. I'm proud to say that my kids go to Village Academy. By the way, I think you would find the same to be true of the majority of the other parents.

Village Academy Kindergarten E 1

Posted April 03, 2011
Let me start by saying I HATE this school. I made the BIGGEST mistake by saying to my parents I want to come here. I miss my od freinds, people gossip about you, and I have only one true freind. This is my first year and want to leave soon.

Posted March 24, 2011
VIllage Academy is the best school my son has attended so far. He is in his third year at VA now, and still loves it there. He has been placed appropriately in math two grade levels ahead of his actual grade level. He is involved with the jazz band, loves the art department, and enjoys a diversity of other subjects I would not have expected. The small class size and nurturing environment have allowed him to have an exceptional experience at VA. We have not had any problems with communication with teachers or receiving reports from testing.

Village Academy Kindergarten E
284 S Liberty St, Powell, OH  43065
Last modified Village Academy Kindergarten E is a Private school that serves grade K
Village Academy Kindergarten E Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top