Bad
Good

Our daughter has been going to SRCC for the past two years. I have nothing but positive things to say about the teachers and staff in general. SRCC has a strong feel of a family owned and operated business - which makes us feel way more comfortable than being at some franchise of a large corporation. These people really do care about my kid. She is always excited to go to school, and excited to tell us about her day, her friends, and her teachers when we pick her up. I am really confused about some of the other reviews. I have never felt that there was a lack of communication from teachers - and I never felt it would be a problem to get someone's attention had I needed it. Everyone I have interacted with there for the past two years has been extremely approachable. I can't stress that enough. As for "earning a spot" in a class - that has not been our experience. It is true that some of the classes fill up faster than others, but we did not participate in a selection process and no one put pressure on us either way. As for "if your clild "doesn't fit their mold" they will be unwanted - this is 100% NOT our experience there. All of the kids in my daughter's classes have been different and diverse in terms of needs and abilities. I am not trying to jump to anyone's defense here - just stating that our experiences have been VERY positive. Bottom line is I trust SRCC with my kid's safety and pre-school education. Period.

Read all the reviews first! My concerns are echoed in many other reviews on this site. The communication is great if all you want is a piece of paper and don't want to talk to anyone other than conference time. They are always willing to give advice, but not at all interested in hearing any suggestions or ideas on how to work with your child or with parents in general. Avoid this place at all costs! They are inflexible and set in their ways, if your child doesn't fit their mold, you are unwanted there.

I encourage prospective parents to scroll down all the way through the reviews of this school (and click on "read more" if needed), just to get an accurate picture of all opinions. It's a little fishy when negative reviews are buried under several overly positive reviews posted within a day or two of each other. I checked out several schools before enrolling my child, and was ultimately sold on Smoky Row's longstanding history and staff and the low ratios they proudly tout. The wait list was long and the hard-to-reach staff was less than forthcoming about realistic timing, but I was determined to get my child in. Once we finally earned a spot, that's exactly how it felt - like it was our privilege to be there, not like we were valued customers. At Smoky Row, it was rare to see anyone manning the desks (a security issue), and even rarer to get someone to pick up the phone or call you back. I found the staff and especially the owner to be dismissive with questions or disagreements about my child's care. From someone who has experienced it and seen what else is out there: explore your options and don't be fooled by a few glowing reviews.

Excellent school! My two daughters love going to Smoky Row everyday. The teachers are very attentive to each student and care for each child in their classes. The class sizes are just right(not too big), so each child gets the right amount of attention. The administrative staff is very helpful with any questions or concerns and are always on hand when needed. They have a wonderful outdoor space as well as indoor play area when the weather gets bad. If your a military family like we are, they also work with the NACCRRA program which is always a plus! The facilities are kept very clean and neat. I would highly recommend Smoky Row to any parent.

Smoky Row is without a doubt the BEST of its kind! 30 years and still going strong. A wonderful owner and leadership, and the best teachers in the city!!! Turnover is very low, and I know kids in their 20s who still go back to visit their kindergarten teacher! My son attended preschool for 2 years (both teachers had masters degrees), and is currently in kindergarten (with the BEST of the best educators). The education is top notch! And the care, love and concern for each child is amazing... communication with parents also earns 5 stars. My son and I have been greatly blessed by Smoky Row and I shout it throughout the land!

My daughter has been attending Smoky Row Children's Center for 2 years. I am absolutely confident each day that she is getting the best care and education. Their reputation has been this way for years and that is why. Teachers are consistent stay.

I can't say enough good things about this school. Low staff turnover and consistent leadership have been highlights in having my 4 children go through the program. I highly recommend to anyone considering daycare for their children.

Smoky Row Children's Center Was highly recommended by family. 2 of my girls spent ages 3 months-7 years of their lives LOVING this amazing school. Teachers are experienced, involved, connected. They learned so much! There was never a negative moment. God bless this institution, the teachers, and Judy, the founder/owner. Such a sweet team! You'd be lucky to get in!! :)

We have been with Smoky Row Children s Center for over 5 years and cannot say enough positive things about the staff, learning environment and the owner. We cannot thank them enough for all they have done for us and most importantly, our children. We all want the best for our children and this facility is simply the best, warmest, and most trustworthy environment. The staff and owner are always finding new ways for infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers and kindergartners to learn and develop. The staff values professional development, accreditation, low turnover and most importantly my child s development. Many of the staff that have worked together for over 20+ years in the same facility! The best part is that I do not worry throughout the day because I know they are safe, happy and taken care of. I recommend this place to all my friends and family. Thanks for everything you do SRCC.

I had my daughter at Smoky Row Children's Center for two years prior to Kindergarten. The teachers were fantastic. The program was play based but my daughter sailed into Kindergarten with confidence and knowledge that she gained at Smoky Row. Her Kindergarten teacher remarked that she could tell where my daughter went to preschool, "Smoky Row, of course". The staff and administration are very helpful. I recommend Smoky Row to anyone that wants quality care and education for their child.

Last modified Smoky Row Children's Center El is a Private school that serves grade K