Posted April 09, 2014
Excellent school! My two daughters love going to Smoky Row everyday. The teachers are very attentive to each student and care for each child in their classes. The class sizes are just right(not too big), so each child gets the right amount of attention. The administrative staff is very helpful with any questions or concerns and are always on hand when needed. They have a wonderful outdoor space as well as indoor play area when the weather gets bad. If your a military family like we are, they also work with the NACCRRA program which is always a plus! The facilities are kept very clean and neat. I would highly recommend Smoky Row to any parent.

Posted April 09, 2014
Smoky Row is without a doubt the BEST of its kind! 30 years and still going strong. A wonderful owner and leadership, and the best teachers in the city!!! Turnover is very low, and I know kids in their 20s who still go back to visit their kindergarten teacher! My son attended preschool for 2 years (both teachers had masters degrees), and is currently in kindergarten (with the BEST of the best educators). The education is top notch! And the care, love and concern for each child is amazing... communication with parents also earns 5 stars. My son and I have been greatly blessed by Smoky Row and I shout it throughout the land!

Smoky Row Children's Center El 4

Posted April 08, 2014
My daughter has been attending Smoky Row Children's Center for 2 years. I am absolutely confident each day that she is getting the best care and education. Their reputation has been this way for years and that is why. Teachers are consistent stay.

Posted April 08, 2014
I can't say enough good things about this school. Low staff turnover and consistent leadership have been highlights in having my 4 children go through the program. I highly recommend to anyone considering daycare for their children.

Posted April 08, 2014
Smoky Row Children's Center Was highly recommended by family. 2 of my girls spent ages 3 months-7 years of their lives LOVING this amazing school. Teachers are experienced, involved, connected. They learned so much! There was never a negative moment. God bless this institution, the teachers, and Judy, the founder/owner. Such a sweet team! You'd be lucky to get in!! :)

Posted April 08, 2014
We have been with Smoky Row Children s Center for over 5 years and cannot say enough positive things about the staff, learning environment and the owner. We cannot thank them enough for all they have done for us and most importantly, our children. We all want the best for our children and this facility is simply the best, warmest, and most trustworthy environment. The staff and owner are always finding new ways for infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers and kindergartners to learn and develop. The staff values professional development, accreditation, low turnover and most importantly my child s development. Many of the staff that have worked together for over 20+ years in the same facility! The best part is that I do not worry throughout the day because I know they are safe, happy and taken care of. I recommend this place to all my friends and family. Thanks for everything you do SRCC.

Posted April 08, 2014
I had my daughter at Smoky Row Children's Center for two years prior to Kindergarten. The teachers were fantastic. The program was play based but my daughter sailed into Kindergarten with confidence and knowledge that she gained at Smoky Row. Her Kindergarten teacher remarked that she could tell where my daughter went to preschool, "Smoky Row, of course". The staff and administration are very helpful. I recommend Smoky Row to anyone that wants quality care and education for their child.

Posted April 08, 2014
I could not have picked a better school to send my young children. Some parents think of the "early years" as daycare. This is not the case at all at Smoky Row. It is a full fledged school from day one. Both of my children started there as infants. I feel my children are better prepared, than most other children, as they transition from Smoky Row to their perspective schools. Most of the teachers have college degrees with specialization on child education and child psychology, etc... I would reccomend this school to any parent looking for that jump start for their kids!! It is really a great school!!

Posted April 08, 2014
We have 2 children that have been enrolled at Smoky Row since the infant room. We have been thrilled with the teachers and administration. The staff was willing to meet with us and accommodate our needs. It is not a brand new state of the art facility, but that is not why we are enrolled at Smoky Row. We love it because the teachers are outstanding and have been on staff for several years. Most importantly, our children love it there too.

Smoky Row Children's Center El 2

Posted March 12, 2014
I echo the concerns of a few previous reviewers. Despite waiting over a year to get into Smoky Row, I took my child out and enrolled him in another center in the area because of my concerns with management. The owner -- and anyone in charge, really -- is notoriously unavailable and unresponsive. Most times, the front desk and phones are unmanned and no one returns phone calls. The quickest response I ever received, from an email no less, was when I withdrew my child. Even in my communication with the teachers, I was disappointed in the lack of face-to-face contact, instead relying on a system of "notes." I was sold on Smoky Row's longstanding reputation and teacher tenure, but quickly found those same qualities as downsides when it came to progressiveness and flexibility/compromise. The facility and outdoor area needs refreshing, as well as the 30-year-old literature they distribute. The teachers are very willing to provide advice, and not so willing to listen to/carry out individual parenting wishes - resulting in an overall poor customer service experience.

Smoky Row Children's Center El
8615 Smoky Row Road, Powell, OH  43065
Last modified Smoky Row Children's Center El is a Private school that serves grade K
Smoky Row Children's Center El Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.