Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some of them were exceptional, I have to say, even though my kids did not like the school in general. There were a few teachers that were easy to appreciate.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Sometimes there were really over the top amount of homework and project assignments for these kids - really a bit much. Its middle school people, not military training.

Develops character: Disagree

The kids are mean and very biased like most of the rest of the Powell community.

My daughter finally got the help she needed after 6 years of fighting with this very NOT compassionate school district.

I have mixed feelings about Hyatts, as with other schools in this district. On one hand, they have some wonderfully caring educators and some who in my opinion, have little to be desired. I find the general attitude of the particular schools that my children have attended to be judgmental. For example, my son is more introverted than his peers; because of this, he has been openly criticized by a specific teacher as being rude and dishonest. My daughter, who is very quietly self confident, was openly ridiculed by her first grade teacher as being boring. I find this unacceptable and unprofessional. That's no way for a teacher to talk in front of their student. I realize these are the actions of individuals, not the district, but they do represent the district as a whole.

We love this school and the staff! We had 2 children go through Hyatts and both flourished. One child is special needs and he was always treated with dignity and respect, from the teachers/staff down to the students. My other child was struggling in a core class and asked his teacher for help, and the teacher arranged in-school tutoring. His grade went from a c to an A in one semester and stayed an A the rest of the school year. Attention to student's needs is one of the top reasons we love this school! The kids loved the trip to Washington, DC in their 8th grade year. Kudos to Principal McFarland for all she does!!

Great school with caring teachers, wonderful support staff and an outstanding administration! I am appalled by the comments about the coach and parent situation. Please focus on our students not on the gossip of the outside world/community. I am sorry for the individual who felt the need to use this venue to post on their own personal life. This school has excellent academic standards and truly puts the students as the center of their focus! As a parent, I would want nothing less.

Principal knew of the coach transgressions and did nothing. Concerning that principal did nothing and even more concerning, the coach is still coaching at another school.

Football coach (married with 2-children) sleeping with one of the student's mom (married with 2-children). The Principal said, "There is nothing illegal about what happened." Not impressed.

This is the best school ever. I love it... I hated school before Hyatts, but now, I love it!!!!

Last modified Hyatts Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.