Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Through their International Baccalaureate attributes, renforced daily but teachers and staff. Peer reviewing work and tickets for being caught doing sometime right, which they can earn prizes.

Pre-algebra offered in the building for my 6th grader and advanced English/ integrated history programming. Great music program too!

My second child is now at Woodbury. For my children, attending Shaker Schools feels more like a private education. Great enrichment for gifted students, a plethora of lunchtime and after-school clubs, and a wonderful music program. Both my children have thrived at Woodbury.

Teachers here seem to have their picks on who they want to help when problems arise. We plan on moving out of this school district soon.

My son has went to Shaker schools since the third grade. Fell in love from day one, but since he has been at Woodbury the teachers seem to care less about the students. My son has told me on several occasions his teachers have yelled at him for no reason. Really can't wait to get him out of this school!!!

We moved here from out of state recently and were hesitant about Shaker Schools because of the rankings online. If your child is in the honor/enriched classes it is better than a private school education. The teachers are seasoned and have masters degrees and are superb. The education exceeds our expectations. They challenge the kids in every subject so the child is never bored and is constantly learning. We were more than pleased with the schools and the teachers. Our child who had very little homework has regular homework but is loving the learning environment. The music program is excellent and the principal is engaged. You are given every opportunity to succeed here. Send your child here for an excellent education.

My son moved into the district this year starting 5th grade and he us doing really well. He especially loves the the enrichment language arts teachers...great staff, great afterschool activities, great experience overall.

My daughter also was in a private school, came to Woodbury in 5th.What an amazing place.The teachers go above and beyond ! My daughter, in the first two months is organized and extremely happy. The after school activities are wonderful.... Do your homework.... Shaker Heights remains on top!

I think That woodbury is a great school. my son went there and when we moved. On the first day of school he came back home almost sobbing because he missed woodbury.The enriched classes are great they gave my child a great challenge but he still had fun.

Our daughter transferred from a private girls' school into Woodbury fifth grade this fall. We are very happy with the choice. Many of our associates at work had also told us that the Shaker schools were great, and we were nuts paying private school tuition. The teachers are dedicated, bright and wonderful people. The classes are 'tracked' and careful placement resulted in our daughter being placed with like-minded peers. She is being challenged for the first time, and we see none of the 'be quiet and fit in message' we heard in private school. Woodbury is large enough to have clubs, activities, friends, arts, music and athletics as well as educational programming to fit many, many needs. I can't believe our good fortune in making the choice to send our daughter there, and the warm reception she has received from teachers and many new friends and activities.

Last modified Woodbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.