Posted May 03, 2013
St. Dominic is a great small school. They pay special attention to the children and do their best to help them succeed, however, they are a small school and their resources are limited, so for special needs it's not the best place. Their K program is great. They have a fabulous Spanish program 3-8, I wish they would implement the same program in K-2 (it's a joke), the teacher is nice but doesn't even speak Spanish! Most teachers are well prepared and available when needed. The cafeteria is o.k. Some parents are very involved, others are not so much, but the parish members support the school 100%.

Posted April 18, 2012
Lead by their fantastic principal, Sue Biggs, My children are getting a solid academic and spiritual education at St. Dominic School. The music and band programs are wonderful arts offerings and I find their math and science programs challenging and competitive, Great field trips and a sense of the community provide a very well rounded experience for our children. Totally worth it.

Posted October 05, 2011
My eight year old daughter, and now my five year old son, are both thriving at St. Dominic's. The intimate atmosphere helps foster lasting and meaningful relationships between the teachers and their students. Moreover, no students are allowed to "fall through the cracks." The academics are rigorous, but the curriculum is creative and flexible enough to accommodate individual student needs. Catholic teachings regarding respect for persons and leadership through service are taught both in class and by example. Overall I couldn't imagine a better learning atmosphere.

Posted October 04, 2011
My child has really begun to thrive towards being a leader here at St Dominic. She loves the entire community; her teachers, her class work studies and her friends. This school is truly a Parent involved and caring community.

Posted August 28, 2011
We are very pleased to send our kids to St. Dominic. This is truly an excellent school.

Posted August 04, 2011
We are proud to have had 3 kids graduate from St. Dominic. All placed into honors classes and programs in high school. Their strong language arts experience particularly has set them apart from peers coming from other schools. They have found the rigor they were exposed to at St. Dominic has more than prepared them for the academic challenges they face in high school and beyond. Small class size, individual attention, leadership program, strong spiritual foundation, and opportunities for academic challenge all have had a lasting impact long after graduation.

Posted August 04, 2011
We started at St. Dominic school when our oldest went there for pre-school. We did not plan on staying but did since the staff, academics and atmosphere were fabulous!! We graduated 2 children from there and still have 1 there. Our older 2 proceeded onto the public high school and were very well prepared by placing on the honors/AP tracks. The pluses include 1 on 1 attention, great teachers almost all of which have their Masters in Education. The few who don't are currently working on it. They have a computer lab which is part of the curriculum, smart boards in every classroom, spanish K-8 and and one of the best PE programs that exists. It is a loving, nurturing and family like atmosphere which educates the child's whole self. They thread the spiritual piece into the curriculum in a way that is non-threatening and very upbeat. This shows in all the students that you meet. Our children believe that this piece in their lives have helped set the foundation for what is a very competitive, multicultural world that we live in. We are very grateful for St. Dominic School and their level of commitment to their students!!

Posted August 02, 2011
We really love St. Dominic! The teachers are dedicated and are superb at helping my child excel. Their passion for education is evident though they also keep learning fun . In addition to the strong level of instruction (including Physical education and the arts) we also love the school s atmosphere. Because St. Dominic is not a large school, it is possible for my child (now in second grade) to know well and work with students in higher grades, something , I ve noticed, that also benefits the older students (they want to be good examples for their young charges).

Posted July 12, 2011
I'm one of six kids in my family and we all attended St. Dominic. It's a fantastic education. I was extremely well prepared for high school at Laurel -- much more prepared than many of my peers from private and public schools. It's a hidden gem of a school that a lot of people haven't heard of. Except the high schools all know about it, because the kids coming from there are generally really well educated. I have always been advanced in my class and contrary to some older reviews, there was plenty to keep me motivated. Plus, the staff/teachers, and the families are so caring and dedicated. I recommend St.Dominic highly!

Posted July 07, 2011
Worth every penny! This will be our 4th year at St. Dominic and we are extremely happy with it. We have children in Grades 3 and K. Our older child is quiet, and we wanted a school where she wouldn't get lost in the shuffle. This is an ideal environment for children, with small class sizes and vibrant, really dedicated teachers. You feel like you are part of something much more than just a school. The entire staff really gets to know each child and helps each to find his/her strengths. The curriculum is challenging for all levels. The principal is new and makes a huge effort to keep families happy. However, probably the most amazing thing is seeing the end product. SDS graduates are really impressive and wll prepared for any high school they choose.

St Dominic School
3455 Norwood Road, Shaker Heights, OH  44122
Last modified St Dominic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Dominic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.