Posted January 21, 2015
We have two childrent at MIM and have absolutely loved it since transfering from another school. One of the things we like best about the school is that everyone (the faculty) seem to truly be happy and love what they do. They seem to really care about the children, their well-being and their growth. We would recommend Minds in Motion to any parent who is looking for an innovative, safe and caring atmosphere and alternative to public schools.

Posted October 24, 2014
We have three kids at this school and have been here for 5 years now. We could not be more pleased with how well received our family has been and how great & unique the educational experience has been. The projects, style of presenting the material, the small class sizes, the technology, and most of all the incredible teachers has engaged and excited our children in their learning path. We looked at other private schools when we decided to switch our kids from public school and knew right away that they offered what we wanted in terms of learning experiences and environment. I encourage you to take a look at our school, talk to our parents there, have your child shadow there.....you will be pleased.

Minds In Motion Elementary School 1

Posted September 11, 2014
I agree with the comments made on May 2, 2014- "the ownership lacks caring of the children and it is all about the show. Communication and professionalism is lacking too." I was extremely disappointed with our experience, particularly with leadership. And they will not hesitate to remove your child from the school at their discretion, so know that will always be a possibility. I experienced a complete lack of empathy from the director, lack of communication from the staff and was completely mislead by the information they provide regarding MIM on their website- I believe it to be more strategic marketing than anything else. Do NOT assume it will apply to your child. Also, if your child has any sort of lingering difficulties or challenges, whether it be academic or personally based, MIM is 99% likely NOT a good fit, so be warned.
3 people found this helpful

Minds In Motion Elementary School 2

Posted May 02, 2014
We had 2 children attend MIM and I would agree with the comments Nov 14, 2013. Some of the teachers were very good but the ownership lacks caring of the children and it is all about the show. Communication and professionalism is lacking too. Better choices out there for the money.

Posted December 03, 2013
My children graduated from The Academy and now attend a public high school and were extremely prepared for the next step in their academic journey. They were accepted into the Honors English program and algebra and Spanish are truly refresher courses as they covered this material in 8th grade. Some of the unique aspects of an Academy education, spotlight & CBI s had the greatest impact on their development, self esteem and self confidence. Spotlight afforded them the opportunity as a class and as an individual to work on their presentation skills in front of their peers and teachers. The CBI (Community Based Instruction- field trips, guest speakers & community service) allowed them to put their knowledge into real world use. These are activities that take the learning beyond the classroom and prepare them for success in future education and their career. The Academy was truly a family environment that nurtured their curiosity, challenged them to perform and encouraged critical thinking. I am grateful for the foundation it provided them.

Minds In Motion Elementary School 2

Posted November 14, 2013
After a couple of years going to the preschool and kindergarden, I've found the school to be more for show (trying to impress parents, parties, fundraisers, etc) than substance (phoenics, reading, actual early childhood development instruction). The teachers are MIM all said that my son was well above average, but then in first grade I was told that he was behind in reading and some other areas. The MIM teachers and staff just want to please parents and kids and keep everyone happy, but aren't as interested in any real teaching. If you do decide to go, ask them how they evaluate a child's progress, do they meed the Ohio Early Childhood Development standards, what type of curriculum they use, standardized tests, etc... Yes, if you go there they may come home every day with a fun craft or project to show you and yes the teachers will say that your child is well above average, but once they start a "real" school, then you'll find out how much time and money you wasted at MIM. It was put in Springboro because it's a wealthy area and it caters to rich families wanting an "exclusive" feeling...again...all show, little substance.

Posted July 31, 2011
This is my son's second year at the school. I have been amazed with the level of education he is receiving. The teachers are friendly and do a great job. My son goes to school everyday with a smile on his face anxious to see what he will be learning on that day. The small class sizes are a definite plus to this school.

Posted February 21, 2011
This is our second year at MIM and we are constantly impressed by the outstanding committment the teachers and administrators have to the success of our child. We love the low student to teacher ratio and definitely recommend this school to anyone looking for education above the status quo.

Posted January 13, 2009
This is a wonderful school! My daughter looks forward to school days. The teachers are ready for their students and have planned activities that incorporate learning and fun. I would highly recommend this school to my family and friends.

Minds In Motion Elementary School
11 Sycamore Creek Dr, Springboro, OH  45066
(937) 748-1991
Last modified Minds In Motion Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Minds In Motion Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top