Springfield, OH

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 01, 2015
I have experienced great teachers as well as poor teachers. I have found that staying involved and communicating helps tremendously.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 01, 2015
I feel that students should be able to complete the majority of their work at home. I feel that when children come home, they should be able to engage with their family in quality time and also have time for extracurricular activities. With the amount of homework children receive today, it is very difficult for them to do a lot outside of homework.

Roosevelt Middle School 4

Posted June 01, 2015
Two of my children attend this school. I feel the school does a good job following the state of Ohio standards. While I believe some of the teachers are exceptional, others fail in my opinion. My other concern is the school's policy on cell phone use during school hours. However, after extensive research of other local schools I found that this is an issue in every school and needs to be addressed by the state. Additionally, i feel that any child can attend any school and be successful or fail. The students success or failure is a combination of the education received at school, the parents involvment and regulard communication with their students teachers and other staff, as well as their support and encouragement with the student at home. Together these things can make a successful student.

Roosevelt Middle School 5

Posted July 30, 2013
This school has been great for my son. He has never been thrilled with school, but he has been very enthusiastic about attending Roosevelt. He is challenged here and is able to take advanced reading and math courses. He actually wants to go to school. He had an incident where he thought he was being picked on ...and Mr. Elliot took care of it immediately! We are proud of Roosevelt Middle School. The Springfield City School District has come a long way!

Roosevelt Middle School 1

Posted February 24, 2012
The staff is terrible,the teachers are lacking knowledge,and the students are not handled at all.

Roosevelt Middle School 5

Posted August 25, 2009
I think its an exccelent school! & i would recomend any parent to send there children there! they have good teachers who care for your childrens education a lot! also, there is a lot of parent involvement in this school, which i think is something that every school should have!

Posted August 23, 2009
Feels that bullying needs to be taken more seiously by the schol and staff and all students involved held accountable, not just one. Caring about the reputation of the school before the safety of students is sad. I would like to see this happen before a kid is seriously hurt, not after.

Posted December 25, 2008
We moved our daughter here last year from Ridgewood, a private school. We have been very pleased with Roosevelt --- the academics have been superior to Ridgewood (a school where academic quality is, in our opinion, declining); and teachers have far more communicative and concerned to keep parents involved. At Ridgewood, parental involvement was seen as a nuisance, but here it is welcomed. Roosevelt's sixth grade has been a very pleasant surprise. We recommend it over nearby private schools.

Roosevelt Middle School 4

Posted November 03, 2004
Roosevelt has made many changes. Even though class size is still too big, the violence in the building has decreased. I would send any of my children to Roosevelt.

Roosevelt Middle School 1

Posted February 08, 2004
Too much fighting, classes are way over loaded, not enough quality time with students that need that extra encouragement so they don't get lost!

721 East Home Rd, Springfield, OH  45503
Last modified Roosevelt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top