Schaefer Middle School 0

Posted March 16, 2010
I have been a student of Schaefer Middle School for the past two , almost three years. I've enjoyed being here, because we've had multiple school functions liek pep rallies, and dances. The teachers here have been amazing , and have even planned the lessons around things like spongebob to help students understand what is being taught. The school may have low test scores, but I can assure you , it can't be the teachers, students, or parents' fault.

Schaefer Middle School 5

Posted May 20, 2009

Schaefer Middle School 0

Posted February 12, 2008
thank yu to those teachers who were nice and helped each child carefully and i want to personally thank mrs.miller(schaefers female counsler..thank you for your time!

Posted October 13, 2007

Posted August 11, 2006
My daughter attended Schaefer Middle School for the 6th grade. I was very disappointed in the experience. My daughter was placed in advanced classes since her grades and scores were good in elementary school. She struggled with them and I don't believe it was completely her fault. The only teacher that was willing to help her one on one was her math teacher (Mrs. Kaech) and she was wonderful. She allowed my daughter to stay after school for some one-on-one time to help her better understand the work. I have transferred my daughter to a county school with hopes of her getting a better education. If that were not available, she would attend a private school.

Posted February 06, 2005
Now, Being a Student a Schaefer Middle School I do not feel that they are trying. The principal is terrible, doesn't Disapline well and doesn't reward well either. They Vice principal is terrible he doesn't even hear the kids explination. he writes them up and doesn't care what you have to say. They Teachers are Terrible, a lot of the VERY rude and dis-respectful and not really caring. Although some teachers have been wonderful such as Mr. Engle and Mr. Stephens. But basically other than that I haven't learned a whole lot, 6th and 7th grade was alright but 8th is nothing but coming to school sitting there and going home. They aren't teaching us anything and certinally aren't trying. I would Not recommend any of the Springfield City Schools.

Schaefer Middle School 4

Posted January 25, 2005
I was excited that my daughter attended the same middle school as me. She enjoyed Schaefer and did extremely well. Several teachers recognized her academic gifts and challenged her, while others seemed not to notice. The school was neat and well taken care of other than the usual maintanance issues of an older building. the staff was friendly and eager to listen and/or help. I am glad she attended this school.

Schaefer Middle School
147 South Fostoria Ave, Springfield, OH  45505
Last modified Schaefer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Schaefer Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.