Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Two of my children currently attend Greenon High School. I think the school is average to good with it's academic standards following the Ohio standards. While I feel that certain teachers and staff go above and beyond, I notice that others do the least possible. I have a real issue with the schools policy on cell phone use during school, however, after researching other area schools found that it is a issue everywhere. Both of my children get good grades in school which shows to me that the teachers are doing an appropriate job. I do, however, provide a lot of outside assistance as needed with homework and encouragement. I am also in regular contact with the teachers and staff to ensure that I am aware of what is going on. I think all schools have pros and cons and that how involved the parents are is a big indicator in the childs success no matter where they go. As long as you are an involved parent and willing to take the time and effort to communicate, your kids will do well in this school. The school does the best they can given the resources available to them.

Very low quality. Transfered out of this district as soon as possible. Very small school, with not a lot of opportunites. Education and academics are okay, but instructors and teachers not exactly the best. The administration is very unprofessional on numerous occasions. Look into this school carefully before attending.

I grew up in this school district and I am proud of it. It is safe, very few drugs. Very few problems and I feel like it made me a GREAT person. Greenon High School is NOT a rich community but it is rich with morals, and personality. Most the kids that come out of this school are great people. They build strong families and they all have life long friends. The school it's self could use a face lift yes. The school could use some more funding and a few teachers need to retire. The school in general though is wonderful. Safe. Wholesome and a great place for learning with little to no discipline issues. I am REALLY GLAD that my parents, Myself and my children will attend this school.

I am a GHS graduate and I cannot sing the praises of the school enough. It was a great place to spend 4 years. The teachers were fantastic and very helpful. When I have kids, I will move back to Enon so my kids can attend Greenon Local. As far as students being ready for college...you get out of your classes what you put into them. If a student really wants to do well in their classes at GHS or any school for that matter, they have to put the effort in. I was lax in my math and science classes but because of the notes I still have from my classes there, I have been able to do well at the college level. Great schools. Great environment. Great student support.

i think that greenon is sometimes overrated compared to other county schools. the building is practically falling down and the students aren't generally prepared for college courses. especially in the math and science areas

I can't say enough about Greenon schools! Though not a 'Rich' district, Greenon allows our children to have the very best in education, and continues to have a vast selection of sports opportunities as well as a great FFA program. As a parent I have seen my kids learning so much more than a city type public school could ever provide. Thanks to all Staff and Parents that continue to support the Best School in Clark County!

This is easily one of the top 2-3 schools in the Springfield area. Good administration, good teacher, and overall, good student population. You can send your kids here with no reservations.

I have a student at GHS and one that will enter next year and I could not be more pleased. After my 1st open house at Greenon, I was so excited I wanted to go back to high school myself! The teachers are so excited to teach and caring. The principal is top notch, knows the names of the students and truly seems to care and want to help them. I was amazed and pleased and feel so fortunate to have my children in a place where the students and the parents are so valued. Thank you, thank you Mr. McClure and your excellent teaching staff! My kids are excited about school again!

I transferred this year from a notable private school and like most of the students there, thought I was enjoying it. It seemed to have the average environment of what people think of as high school. When I switched to Greenon I was surprised by how much I was missing out on! The teachers here are very friendly and provide an active learning experience that leaves you with more than one would expect from a public school. Another thing that I noticed when I started here, I didn't feel like an outcast. It seems that everyone has a place here. To conclude, I am very happy that I switched and could not ask for a better school.

Last modified Greenon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.