K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I would definitely not recommend this school to anyone. I would not want anyone's kid to go through what I went through at this school. I went to ECA from kindergarten to eighth grade and am very glad I decided to switch schools. I now go to a public school and am behind in almost every class. The teachers and administration are awful. I was judged because of who my friends were and how much money I had. My friends who I hung out with were either on vouchers or scholarships (I was on a scholarship) and we where placed in a class separated from everyone else. The teachers we had were significantly less qualified than everyone else's. Because I didn't pay the full cost of tuiton to go there I was ridiculed by pretty much everyone (the same happened with my friends). I remember being pulled into the office in front of my mom and asked if I was gay (because if I was I would no longer be eligible to go to the school). I was terrified at how disgusting this school had become. I had been pulled up by my arm and forced to go the office by the super intendent several times and called names such as thug, faggot, and lesbian. The things I experienced at this school are traumatic and are things no kid should ever have to go through. I am begging anybody who is thinking about putting their kid in this school to strongly reconsider.

I have been going to eca for about 5 or 6 years now it is a great learning place and a great place to become more spiritually involved with the Lord. Teachers and staff at ECA are amzazing but there is a lot of drama even in the younger grades the 5th grade has a lot of drama over dating and friendships. but besides that the school is a great place.

My daughter was pulled after 2 years of attending ECA due to bullying by the voucher crowd. I was consistently told the faculty does nothing about it. I suppose money for the school is more important than obeying what they put on your application. My daughter was horrified at what she saw and heard from this crowd of kids, and their shameless bullying was despicable. As a parent I was heartbroken. A teacher was even bullying her and had to finally be addressed with the principal. I am ashamed that this school has aquiesed to the almighty free dollar, It sure shows. The year they allowed the vouchers was the year that school changed forever. What's the sense in having parameters on an application if they are flagrantly disregarded ? I wanted to send her back as public school is an absolute train wreck, but would it be any different? ? According to the students who still attend there and these recent reviews...it appears no. ECA you have left your first love.

I went there since kindergarten but my parents pulled me out due to bullying and not from the kids, but from the staff. There is a lot of discrimination there . They seem to use God as an excuse to put others down. Their academics stink too I went through a whole year in a class that was way to easy and when I asked the teacher to challenge me she refused. I had a lot Iof problems with them personally and academically.

Your child wouldn't be any worse off in a public school. Emmanuel Christian accepts students who qualify for the EdChoice scholarship, which would be find if they held these families accountable and to the standards on their application. But because student numbers and money seem to be more important than Christian values, they choose to look the other way regarding the lifestyles of some of these families. A teacher even told us that the school is aware that not all of the families who attend Emmanuel are Christians. Yet, part of their application process includes a for to sign stating that you are a practicing Christian family. So if you are considering sending your child to Emmanuel because you believe you will be joining with like-minded people and limiting your child's exposure to wordly issues, DON'T!! Regarding their teachers, many are not certified, and there seems to be a high turn over rate, which reduces continuity for the student.

Emmanuel has far surpassed my expectations. I have great faith in the faculty and staff at E.C.A. There is a true adherence to scripture and desire to glorify Christ in all aspects of the schools operation, teaching, extra-curricular activities and community outreach.

My children both attended Emmanuel, and my daughter was subjected to bullying that was bad enough to hurt her long term. She finished high school in a public school, and she still suffers. The school did nothing to intervene while this was happening.

Several years ago, we had to make a decision on where to send our daughter. She did not like to read and at times would need addtional attention. With having such a small class size was what our daughter needed. She has grown closer to God, has been successful in sports, and has been very challenged in the class room. I have met great people in my path and feel everyone should send their children to a Christian school to get the true meaning for life.

My children have been here for 9 of the 10 years the school has been in existence. I have one graduating and cannot imagine her going anywhere else. The relationships my children have developed with their perrs, and friend, as well as strengthening thier personal relationships with Christ are invaluable. These are the most valuable things they can take with them in life.

Last modified Emmanuel Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12