Posted December 26, 2013
Excellent academics, smaller classes, dress code (uniforms). & wonderful fitness program, which consist of martial arts, soccer, & tennis, with WORK OUT WEDNESDAY'S, & competitions throughout the school year, which gives the children the opportunity to compete with other students at other P&FA in their age groups. I can honestly say that my decision to enroll my child into SP&FA was not an easy one, after we had moved out of the city school district that he was in, so I looked into SPFA and a few others schools, within our new school district, but heard many parents saying good things about SPFA. So this decision was made with the help of my research, other parents, & speaking directly with some of the staff at SPFA. My child has now been a student, at SPFA for 3 years & is very happy, educated, is in very good health & shape for sports as well as, again, very well EDUCATED & me as a parent am so pleased that this was an option that I chose, It has been a WONDERFUL EDUCATIONAL experience for my child as a student, & for me as a parent. We (student & myself) are looking forward to 3 more fun, exciting, educational, fitness filled years with SPFA.

Posted March 17, 2013
Our family has had the opportunity to have 10 family members attend the school. We have 2 grandchildren there now. It's is about a good education, families rights and a staff that cares! CHOICE IS GOOD!! (JUDGE A TREE BY THE FRUIT IT BARES)

Posted May 28, 2010
i loved this school for the class sizes and for the teacher parent involvement.great personalities with the teachers and staff always friendly and helpful,

Posted April 20, 2009

Posted July 21, 2008
Last year was my son's first year of school. I am glad we chose to send him to SPFA. He was having problems with staying focused. They called us in a few times to see what could be done and even offered to test him. Found out he was having problems with his reading skills. They put him in a special class once a week to improve the reading. These teachers and other staff member are great! There is no public schools around here that can offer the one on one attention they can. His class size was only 13 students. The other class in his grade had 10 students. I will be sending my other 2 children there once they hit school age.

Springfield Preparatory And Fitness Academy 1

Posted February 06, 2008

Springfield Preparatory And Fitness Academy 0

Posted September 24, 2007
Springfield Prep & Fitness is the best thing I could have done for my children. The class size is wonderful. This is the secnd year for my children and I have seen a wonderus change in them compared to when they were in the SCS system. The individulized attention they receive is great and the longer school time works great for them and also myself as a working parent. There are so many extra activites that the children are involved or can be involved in. My son currently is having difficulty with a couple of his subjects. They have just taken off with every effort to adjust and provide him the help he needs to get caught up with the rest of his class. It wasn't that way at SCS. This is the best choice we have made.

Springfield Preparatory And Fitness Academy 1

Posted May 26, 2007
This school does not compare to public schools in the least. There are no art, music, sport teams, or extracurricular activities here. Parents are supposed to volunteer 20 hours a school year, most do. not The academics here at this school are fine, but when you have a child who needs extra help, there aren't enough people to go around. I would never send my child back to this school. Never! The number of new teachers every year is alarming. They need to try to keep some of the good teachers from leaving.

Posted October 12, 2006
SPFA is wonderful. My son has been there for three years. He fell through the academic cracks of SCS. The new schools built by SCS were a positive change. Unfortunately, the classrooms were fewer in number and the class size increased. This was not in the best intrest of the students and teachers. Springfield Prep has helped my son not only in his studies, but also his self-confidence. The small class sizes insure he gets the help he needs and isn't lost in a sea of children at different learning levels. He is proud of his developing martial arts skill. It is clear the teachers and staff are there for the children and the school system supports their teachers and parents. The parent involvement is phenomenal. Enrolling my son was the best thing I did for my son's future as a student.

Posted May 02, 2006
Springfield Preparatory and Fitness Academy is a great school. The teachers are all highly qualified. The whole child is nurtured and educated at SPFA. Children receive 1.4 hours of physical education everyday in karate, soccer, or tennis. All subjects, math, reading, science, etc. are taught in addition to virtues classes. Class sizes are small ( 18 students max) and the staff truly cares about each student. Extracurricular activities include Spanish club, Reading Theater Club, Art Club, and a Soccer team. I would strongly recommend Springfield Preparatory and Fitness Academy.

Contact Information

1615 Selma Rd
Springfield, OH 45505

Springfield Preparatory And Fitness Academy
1615 Selma Rd, Springfield, OH  45505
Last modified Springfield Preparatory And Fitness Academy is a charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springfield Preparatory And Fitness Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.