Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

For my son's grade he receives a proper amount of homework. It rotates usually on a daily basis for subject. They also have packets to work on over school breaks to keep their focus towards learning.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They keep a good handle on what is going on in the classrooms. There are times to to talk and play, but they make sure that the work is being done.

Smaller classroom size is plus. The staff are very interactive with the students. My son is learning leaps and bounds and he is only in Kindergarten.

Develops character: Agree

it's a small school but very much needed for children like my son. I was very pleased with some of the teachers. I recommend this school.

Excellent academics, smaller classes, dress code (uniforms). & wonderful fitness program, which consist of martial arts, soccer, & tennis, with WORK OUT WEDNESDAY'S, & competitions throughout the school year, which gives the children the opportunity to compete with other students at other P&FA in their age groups. I can honestly say that my decision to enroll my child into SP&FA was not an easy one, after we had moved out of the city school district that he was in, so I looked into SPFA and a few others schools, within our new school district, but heard many parents saying good things about SPFA. So this decision was made with the help of my research, other parents, & speaking directly with some of the staff at SPFA. My child has now been a student, at SPFA for 3 years & is very happy, educated, is in very good health & shape for sports as well as, again, very well EDUCATED & me as a parent am so pleased that this was an option that I chose, It has been a WONDERFUL EDUCATIONAL experience for my child as a student, & for me as a parent. We (student & myself) are looking forward to 3 more fun, exciting, educational, fitness filled years with SPFA.

I recommend this school on all levels. If your child has special needs like mine does, this is the school for your child. Small classrooms. I feel very free to go talk to anyone that I need to which I have a concern. Children don't always open up like they should. This school has a great athletic program with marshall arts. My son was very shy but after being at this school, he has opened up. I feel that the parents don't get get involve enough which needs to improve. Our children need that support for encouragement and to build up their self-esteem.

Our family has had the opportunity to have 10 family members attend the school. We have 2 grandchildren there now. It's is about a good education, families rights and a staff that cares! CHOICE IS GOOD!! (JUDGE A TREE BY THE FRUIT IT BARES)

i loved this school for the class sizes and for the teacher parent involvement.great personalities with the teachers and staff always friendly and helpful,

Last year was my son's first year of school. I am glad we chose to send him to SPFA. He was having problems with staying focused. They called us in a few times to see what could be done and even offered to test him. Found out he was having problems with his reading skills. They put him in a special class once a week to improve the reading. These teachers and other staff member are great! There is no public schools around here that can offer the one on one attention they can. His class size was only 13 students. The other class in his grade had 10 students. I will be sending my other 2 children there once they hit school age.

Springfield Prep & Fitness is the best thing I could have done for my children. The class size is wonderful. This is the secnd year for my children and I have seen a wonderus change in them compared to when they were in the SCS system. The individulized attention they receive is great and the longer school time works great for them and also myself as a working parent. There are so many extra activites that the children are involved or can be involved in. My son currently is having difficulty with a couple of his subjects. They have just taken off with every effort to adjust and provide him the help he needs to get caught up with the rest of his class. It wasn't that way at SCS. This is the best choice we have made.

Last modified Springfield Preparatory And Fitness Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.