Bad
Good

Outstanding staff. I was blown away the first day my kids attended. Teachers that LOVE what they do and honestly want what's best for their students even after the school year is over. Teachers collaborate what worked for them with returning students. We have had 4 kids attend and we couldn't be happier.

Any school is a community aimed at learning and cultural, moral and (in some cases religious) formation of children. Parents alone are ultimately accountable for the learning and formation (education) of their children. As a public school, Wells offers no religious formation, but in the years our child has been there (2009, Pre-School to 2013, 2nd Grade) Wells has had a Character education program and used appropriate behavior management tools to foster individual accountability (attendance, homework completion, focus in class) and responsibility to others (helping another learn, positive regard for others). One of the keys to the school success is the SFA Curriculum with Scott Forsmann Reading Street. The block schedule allows all students to progress as fast and far as they are able in reading, which also allows focused smaller group attention on students behind. As others have said, Wells still fosters the Arts with Music and Visual Art education for all students. In 2012 the Governor spoke at Wells (in part) because each and every child scored above grade level on the standardized tests. That "outcome" is good, but better is the professionalism of staff enabling it.

Wonderful school, great staff including a competent principal. All the staff seem to be well qualified and caring. The school as a good academic program, music and arts also. Good structure and discipline for the students and most importantly my child loves it there!

Great school I wish every child could go to a school like Wells.

I am teacher at Wells. I also have two children who attend Wells. I have never woke up and felt like I did not want to go to work. It is an honor to work there and have my children attend. Our students receive the best education from all of the 'highly qualified' staff members in our building. Our Fine Arts program can't be beat! You can feel the happiness from students and staff the minute you walk in the door. Our principal truly cares about the students and does whatever she can to get us what we need to create the most positive learning environment for our students. I would not have my children there if I didn't think it was the best place to be!

Im shocked to see the negative reviews posted here about Steubenville City Schools and Wells Elem. specifically. Wells was awarded the Blue Ribbon of Excellence , two years in a row, from the Federal Dept. of Education. They were one of a few in the Nation to be given this distinction. The academic quality is outstanding. All of the teachers in this building hold a Master's Degree in Education. Providing a quality education is their first priority. The fine arts department is the best in the city and I would say in the area! All students learn to read music and play a recorder. Band begins in 4th grade here, one year earlier then anywhere in the city. The winter and spring theatrical performance that the children take part in is sensational! My son went to Wells and because of the rigorous curriculum at Wells was more than prepared for Jr.High

The fine arts at Wells is phenomonal! My child is in 3rd grade and knows how to play a recorder by reading music! These kids perform on stage in front of hundreds as early as preschool! The school report card shows that students do really great on the state test as well. I highly recommend Wells School. Roll Red Roll

Wells School was awarded the Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the Federal Department of Education two years in a row. This is a distinction that only a few schools in the nation received. The academics, fine arts, and extra curricular activities are the best in the city and in the area. Im shocked at the negative reviews. You are certainly in the minority.

I am a teacher at Wells Elementary School. It is such a pleasure to go to work everyday and to be part of such a fine school. Every staff member is highly qualified and every one of them goes above and beyond their duties to make sure the students are successful.Standards are set high for every student and the teachers have high expectations for all of their students. The principal is the rock of the school.She is very encouraging and extremely supportive. The school offers a Fine Arts program that the students all enjoy. It is the best elementary school in this area. I grew up in Steubenville, but I did not attend Steubenville Schools.You can bet that my children will be attending Wells Elementary! It's the best school around!

Wells is a great school. The staff is highly qualified and caring. They strive to bring out the very best in each student. Both of my children attend Wells School and love it. I wish every child could go to a school like Wells.

Last modified Wells Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.