Posted October 13, 2014
I have had multiple children through this school, with my last one in middle school and clearly this school is on the decline since my children started their education. The diocese is not keeping up with the state standards. All of the best teachers have left the school. Their use of technology lags way behind the area public schools. You can keep your hugs, I can provide them to my children. I'd rather have my children get a good education.

Posted February 10, 2014
I am a parent of 2 children at Holy Family writing to tell you that hands down, Holy Family has been the right choice for us. When I send my kids to school each day, I am most grateful that the teachers love my kids as if they are their own. When I have addressed any concerns, they have immediately met with me, listened, and taken action to help my child thrive. You can NOT send your kids to this school so that the teachers can "raise" your children... they are wonderful, but not miracle workers. What you can do, is be confident that the morals and values you are instilling in your children at home, will be reinforced! These teachers are truly educating our children and preparing them each step of the way. I know that when I send my kids to HFS and they need a hug, they receive it. I also know that if they forget to wear a belt to school, they are disciplined, which is important to us because it's not about the belt, its a way to teach independence with responsibility. This education is superior with use of smart boards, iPads, laptops, science lab, religion, Spanish, etc but most important is my children are truly loved, respected and in a wonderful learning environment.

Posted November 23, 2013
My children entered a public school system two years ago due to much dissatisfaction at Holy Family for a few years. In response to Nov. 2, 2013 review, my children commented how much nicer the children are in their new school and how much less swearing and back stabbing is done. The public school also does much charity work throughout the year including food drives, recycling program, letters to military, etc. The PTA brings in nationally known guest speakers for motivation talks for the children and there are continual programs teaching the children how to be kind, respectful and independent. Way more than Holy Family ever did. We were really surprised because we thought that a Catholic education was the only place that would have these aspects but the public system trumps Holy Family in every way, shape and form...... and it's free!!! We have a comparison now that we have been gone a few years. If you would look into the other systems, you would see what you are missing. We regret ever going there. If you are considering this school, ask around, the word is out about this school's decline

Posted November 02, 2013
I am a parent of three children who goes to Holy Family what I can say about the school that it is the best school in the area not only academically but socially too the kids are learning how to help ,care and respect each other inside and outside the school add to this the different charity programs the school is been sponsoring ,the teachers are a great example of the Christian leaders. If you ever consider private school Holy Family is your number one choice

Posted September 10, 2013
Left this school a few years ago, just found this site, otherwise would have posted review earlier. Very uninvolved staff, not concerned about the children. Only look after themselves. School is run by priest although he pretends to have nothing to do with school. Principal turns a blind eye to complaints and bad teachers. School is not up to date. Miserable teachers, only want to punch the clock. Best decision was to leave, even my children noticed a huge different in teacher quality at Stow schools. We keep in touch with some current families, and I am not sure why they stay. Enrollment is declining.

Posted July 23, 2013
I am responding to the June 21, 2013 post. This is not the experience my children, who currently attend the school, are having. My kids have enjoyed and learned much from their teachers. The administration is ALWAYS very willing and open to talk about issues, both positive and negative. I'm not sure how a "school that is letting our children down" was able to achieve National Blue Ribbon School status for the 2012-2013 school year, an academic honor only given to 250 private schools in the nation. I suggest to anyone reading these reviews, that you take them as one person's opinion and really check into the facts about the school you are considering for your children. I will have to say there is one truth in the June 21 review... there is no A/C in the classrooms. Keep in mind there is no A/C in any of the Stow schools.

Posted June 21, 2013
Lack of leadership, poor teacher quality, unhappy teachers and staff = limited learning for students. Underperforming teachers are not monitored at all, even though years of multiple complaints were filed by parents and teachers. Many parents apathetic and just want to "get through" the year and do not complain. Many had to hire tutors so their children were not behind. Dozens of families leaving the school for lack of leadership issues. Many of the excellent teachers have left, most of the current teachers would never get a job in a public school system. Rooms are cramped, with 30 or more in many of them. No air conditioning and rooms are even too hot in the winter months. School nurse even had to contact the principal since too many children were coming to her complaining of the heat. In earlier years, was a great school, don't listen to those that had students there prior. Ask the tough questions, what are standardized test scores, how many children per teacher, size of rooms, how are teachers monitored, do they have to submit lessons plans, what do you do when teacher's are complained about? This school is letting our children down. Shame on the administration.

Holy Family Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2012
I love holy family. it is a great school with many nice,teachers,students,and staff members. I sent my kid to HFS and they loved it! There some problems with the school not being " up to date" but other than that it is a wonderful school and i highly suggest going to holy family!

Posted January 25, 2012
I agree with the review that was posted in 2011; I think it portrays a more accurate picture of what HFS is like now. If you are wealthy, have the ability to benefit the school through your business contacts, &/or have a child that is a text book learner then your family will succeed here. I placed my child here because I was entrusting the teachers to be an example of Christian love, patience & kindness. Instead there was preferential treatment by the principle and teachers to those families that would benefit the school. Bullying is present here--but the principle "will assure you that it is not a problem." Teachers are hired based on who they know, not what they know.

Posted October 14, 2011
This school over-rated and on the decline. Many classrooms have 30 or more children in them. The rooms are so packed, there is no place to move. Many of the teachers need to retire, they have been teaching too long with adverse affects on the students and poor attitudes. Some of the teachers can use a lesson in ethics and positivity. Enrollment numbers have been decreasing each year. CYO is the most poorly run sports organization I have ever seen. Limited communication, you barely know when to sign up for a sport when you are new to the school, you get the schedules a week before the season begins if you are lucky. Many opportunities to volunteer, but none that puts you into the classroom, you can volunteer for the many fundraising activities that the school promotes throughout the year.

Holy Family Elementary School
3163 Kent Rd, Stow, OH  44224
Last modified Holy Family Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Holy Family Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top