PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Faith Islamic Academy 5

Posted April 07, 2016
I hope that this review will be able to help others. I am an alumni of Faith Islamic Academy. I attended school there from Kindergarten till 8th grade. I have to admit, I was excited to leave when I graduated, but I later realized how much I had taken it for granted. I know that others may not have had such a great experience as I did, but there could have been many factors that affected your experience. There were times I was bullied as well. There were some students who were rude-- there still are, don't get me wrong!-- but the school faculty were always there for me. The principal and teachers made sure to deal with any form of bullying or harassment that they knew about. I grew up in this school. I knew the Arabic since Kindergarten and the English teacher since 2nd grade! The fact that they're still there teaching (and mind you, I'm currently in 11th grade) shows just how passionate and how much they care. One piece of information that I think is crucial, is about their Academics. They push the students to do their best. They didn't treat us like elementary students. I was prepared for high school. All of 9th grade was a breeze because I had learned it all at FIA. The school is steadily improving, they have a new Computer Studies program. What most all students enjoy, however, are the after school clubs that the FIA has added. I like to take pride in it because it was mainly my doing. ;) Depending on the season, they have a sports club, gardening club, arts club, and a cooking club. As Faith Islamic Academy is an Islamic school, I must obviously talk about their Islamic studies/ Qur'an/ Arabic programs. It has come a long way since when I was there, and it has only been a few years. They have a Tajweed program, a strong Islamic studies program, and the Arabic program. One thing I noticed about myself that made me different from my friends who left the school earlier on, I had a stronger base. I was stronger in my eman. I knew more about my faith that helped prepare me for the challenges of high school. As an alumni, I am very active at the school. I volunteer my time there. So if you ever come by the school, you may see me around!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 07, 2016
As I mentioned earlier, I graduated this school a few years ago. Some staff have come and gone in that time. The teachers that I am very familiar with are persistent, genuinely care about the students academic and emotional well-being, and enjoy their jobs teaching the classrooms full of bright minds.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 07, 2016
At the time I was frustrated with the "humongous load of homework" I received. That was mainly because I was a bit of a lazy student. ;) They give the perfect amount of homework, I know because my siblings (who currently go to school there) seem to be doing just fine.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted April 07, 2016
The teachers push students to do their absolute best. They see the potential in a student even if they don't see it themselves.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted April 07, 2016
There are of course students who are stubborn and rude. But the teachers respond to them with patience. Through the teachers' actions, students develop respect and the same characteristics.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 07, 2016
I grew up in this school, most all the teachers know me. They truly, deeply, genuinely care about their students. If I was ever sick, at least one of them would call my mom to check in on me.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 07, 2016
Students come from all different backgrounds an environments. And all teachers are human. They do their best to be fair to the students and instill in them good morals and etiquette.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 07, 2016
Shout out to my two favorite teachers, Sr. Abla, the English teacher, and Sr. Faten, the Arabic teacher. Sr. Abla was always after me, making me work absolute hardest. Sr. Faten, for being perhaps the sweetest soul in that building. Also, I would like to thank Sr. Huda, the Math teacher, for dealing with me when I was having adolescent mood swings and telling me to believe in myself (she even had a motivational poster just for me :)) Last but not least, Sr. Shadia, the Social Studies/ History teacher. She organized two amazing school trips to Washington D.C. (one in my 8th grade year at FIA and one in my 11th grade). Not only that, but her class was one of the most creative and most fun classes I ever had.

Faith Islamic Academy 1

Posted April 30, 2015
This is the most unorganized school I've ever encountered. There is almost zero communication, and it is like pulling teeth to get anyone to speak with you or respond back to you, much less work with you in an effective and positive way. Every teacher there plays by their own rules, grades by their own rules, and changes those rules whenever they feel like it, and when going to the principal of this school one is met with remarks that make you as a parent feel like you are the problem. No one is accountable for their own actions as far as staff is concerned. No one is on the same page. The policies, or lack of, enforced by the "principal" are tweaked based on who they are dealing with and how much money that family gives to the school/masjid, and what nationality they are. The way the principal and most teachers, handle themselves, their position, and their responsiblity is, most of the time, extremely dissapointing as a Muslim. My children will not be going back to this school next fall, and unfortunately I would not recommend this school to anyone I know.

Faith Islamic Academy 1

Posted April 30, 2015
If I had known what kind of school this was I would have never sent my children here. They would be better off in the public school. The administration is the unorganized and unprofessional. The principal is bias and plays favorites children and families who donate large amounts of money to the Mosque. She will overlook bullying, verbal and physical abuse by a child who has money but, punish the other children without cause. She is also rude and speaks to the parents in a disrespectful way. Most of the "Islamic" aspects of the school are non existent because they are more concerned about politics and money and if you don't have money you don't fit it. Most teachers do what they want, when they want, grade how they want and have no communication with the parents. Unfortunately I would not recommend this school.

152 East Steels Corners Road, Stow, OH  44224