Bad
Good

When I was a student 7 years ago, I would totally agree with the 9/10 rating. But based on the disgusting actions of the teachers during the recent strike, I would say the place is a 0/10. I looked at Chicago last year and thought to myself, "That would never happen in Strongsville. Our community is too cohesive and our teachers care about their students." That was before these teachers started berating substitutes "who dared" to fill in for the classes they weren't teaching (you know, the same substitutes they have relied on for years to pick up their slack on sick days and vacation days), before they started to trash the classrooms of teachers "who dared" to cross the picket line and TEACH, before they acted like animals while crying, "It's for the children" (Ha!). MANY (nearly all) teachers that I had while I was a student, were all active during this pathetic display. I have lost all respect for the school (No, not the board. The board didn't make them act the way they did.) since this strike occurred. These teachers even tried to manipulate their students to use them for their sick games. No thanks SHS, you're not what you used to be.

This school/district is not what e veryone makes it to be. The high school is so crowded that the students are just a number. There is no help from teachers and or staff. I pulled my son out after 1 semester in the 9th grade. He was an B student at middle schI ool, then when moved to the high school the grades dropped and he fell through the cracks, I never received any callls until it was too late. I enrolled him in online public school and the grades came up and I could be more involved in his schooling. Pulling my boys out of Strongsville CIty Schools was the best decision. Can't wait to move out of this snobby city. Worst place to livel.

stronsgsvillehighschool is over crowded i had 90 kid in one class it was a not diversity at all or open to new ideas and the dances where terrible and it was a lot of inappropriate things going on at the school when i told my mother what was really going on there she is transferring me now and she was at the school every day for some reason like racism or people stealing my stuff and if you need some type of help learning you wont get it there and allot of kids have emotional problems

Strongsville is a very upscale city with everything to offer! Beautiful homes,classy merchants and restaurants but most of all wonderful schools! We moved here from California and our $550,000 home is a mansion here compared to LA! Our daughter is in the Strongsville HS Band program which rivals ANY college! its just excellent! Her honors classes also challenge her to the fullest! We are so happy we chose Strongsville as our home!

If you can afford to live in the beautiful homes of Strongsville, most definitely do so! The High School is excellent with a superior 300 member band program that my son loved, he was in all honors classes which helped him to receive a wonderful ivy league college scholarship. Excellent school!

During several visits to the high school over the summer of 2009, I observed first hand, administrators, faculty, and professional staff working collaboratively to create an enriched learning environment in preparation for the return of students. After witnessing these educators put the needs of the student body first, irrespective of union, contract, department, and personal issues, I knew at that very moment I had found a good school for my kids.

As a former student, I think that Strongsville is a very great school. It has many programs, but more importantly, great teachers. A lot of highly educated and devoted teachers made the school more personable for such large classes. I was very pleased with my experiences. Thank you to all the teachers and staff that made education not such a grooling process :)

As a former student, I was highly pleased with quality of education I received. I was well prepared for college after graduation. There are many extracurricular activities to choose from. The parents were able to be as involved as they wanted to be.

Last modified Strongsville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.