Posted June 23, 2014
Ottawa River is an amazing school! Most teachers love what they do and work with the children so well. It is our job as parents to work at home with our children and identify any problems as soon as possible. This will help our teachers in tailoring plans to their needs. Children with behavoir problems get sent to the office alot , for disrupting the class and the learning of others. If your child has these problems make sure you set up a counsler at the school for them and bring any meds to school nurse. I would recommend this school!!!

Posted June 02, 2013
We received an out of district waiver for our daughter and I couldn't be more grateful that she gets to attend Ottawa River. Her academic skills have soared this first year. Her teacher, principal, and school staff have been so helpful and available. The extracurricular activities have made her blossom socially and she is such a happy little student. I would recommend this school over and over.

Posted April 30, 2012
This school is not even a shadow of what it use to be. My child is a second generation student there and I think I got a better education than what he gets. Yes, they have all the new technology but if you have teachers who don't care what's the point? There is only a few teachers worth praise. The two 3rd grade teachers are horrible and are very intimidating to kids. The principal is worthless! He thinks he knows better than your child's doctor on what is best for your child and spends his time refereeing the immature parents squabbling over PTO and Boosters problems than concentrating on what is best for the students.If your child has any learning disabilities you will have to fight tooth and nail, every year to get any help if they even help. The art teacher needs to retire, he is condescending and obviously does not enjoy the subject he teaches. The community that this school is in is wonderful and this school once was also but it is very lacking in the pride and respectability of it's teachers now.

Posted September 01, 2011
I have an out of district waiver for my son, because I refuse to send him to Whittier Elementary. I love Ottawa River! My son has been on the Prinicpal's list ever quarter and has had wonderful teachers every year!! He is now in the third grade and we are still extremely happy with Ottawa River and all the staff there from the teachers to the principal, Mr. Leedy, to the secretary, Mona! Everyone is doing an excellent job and I couldn't be happier! : )

Posted September 01, 2009

Posted January 21, 2008
my son has been having problems with learning and there is not help offered to him to get him where he needs to be!

Posted January 19, 2006
Ottawa River Elementary School is great! The principal is great, the teachers are great and the school building itself is great! There is outstanding parent involvement in this school as well! Moving into the Toledo Public School district was a little scary for me coming from the Genoa Area School District which is a small town school. I was pleasantly surprized to find that this city school has a small town feel! My son has done very well academically and socially at Ottawa River ELementary. This school also has a very active PTA-they are awesome.

Ottawa River Elementary School
4747 290th St, Toledo, OH  43611
Last modified Ottawa River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ottawa River Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top