Posted July 14, 2014
The Dorr Elementary staff work continually to serve the needs of each and every child. They are always looking for additional ways to best serve the students and the community. It is truly one of the best elementary schools in the area! Thank you to the staff for the care and educational opportunities that you provide for the children!

Posted May 20, 2012
Awwe man this school is way more then a 7 I AM A STUDENT at this awesome school Kali Petrey(: 5th grade student at Dorr Elementary 2011/2012<3 this school is so awesome i be smashing on these lunches.. My teachers help me with what ever im struggling in the lunch ladies are so nice and my principle is the best !!! I love this school it has a lot of after school programs. and stuff. yeahh. My teachers are the best!!!! So yeahh. Dorr Elementary is the best skool everrr!(:

Posted April 21, 2010
All the Dorr staff are very concerned with the well being of each and every student. The students enjoy eating lunch with their teachers & principal. Many activities for students to participate in and enjoy. Everyone is willing to go that extra mile for the kids. I'm glad my kids attend this school!

Posted February 24, 2010
it is the most excellent school the teacher are excellent

Posted October 03, 2009
They really care if their kids do well!!!

Posted May 27, 2009
Just one year ago I was struggling with the decision to go public vs. private. We decided to give Dorr a try, and I am amazed at how much I have learned about Dorr in such a short time. The teachers, the staff, the administration all work together with one common goal -- meeting and exceeding the needs of the children. I love the reading program, the welcomed & encouraged parent involvement, the specials, extra-cirricular activities, etc. I have now seen first hand (as a regular classroom volunteer) how the learning activities are shaped around each child's individual learning style, ability and where they are at that moment on the ladder of learning. If you are considering sending your child to Dorr, I can honestly say without reservation -- you'll be glad you did!

Posted December 09, 2008

Posted February 14, 2008
My son slightly struggles in school and the teachers have all been great giving him the extra help and encouragement he needs to do his best in school.

Posted October 26, 2007
I think this is an excellent school, my daughters teacher works with her to help with some issues she has been having. Always activities and parents are always included. I think the safety of my child is great, and she is learning alot. I rate this school a 9.5.

Posted May 03, 2006

Dorr Street Elementary School
1205 King Rd, Toledo, OH  43617
Last modified Dorr Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dorr Street Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.